Yz250f

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude its japanese, they are the most reliable bike around. what model r u looking at

Yeah all day mate can't go wrong , you know me I'll be riding two bangers long after they tell me I aint allowed too but I rode my mates 01 years ago ....and I was way quicker around the track and alot smoother on the 4 stroke nice bike ...well balanced and reliable.

But yeah I've only ridden the 01....my mates got a 03 wr 250 and that goes well too I take that for a spin every now and then .

i rode my friends 05 kx250f and it was pretty snappy but fairly heavy. if your not a big boy i sugest you get a 2 stroke 125 they rip. And can get a newer model for less

PS im geting my new 02 RM125 next week hopefully. its got fmf powerpipe system renthals suzuki makita grapics boysen reeds and a heep of spares cant wait..

if your already got a yz125 go for the yz250f ive ridin one before a 01 model i think fun an powerful bike to ride i guess it just depends were you ride i ride alot of tight tracks so i brought 125s cause there light so i can throw them around the corners better then the 250 but if you ride were theres a few long straights go the 250 i luv thrashing them on a long straight

if your already got a yz125 go for the yz250f ive ridin one before a 01 model i think fun an powerful bike to ride i guess it just depends were you ride i ride alot of tight tracks so i brought 125s cause there light so i can throw them around the corners better then the 250 but if you ride were theres a few long straights go the 250 i luv thrashing them on a long straight

SAME
cuz2.jpg

the only thing is that iv never riden a motocross 4 stroke plenty of XRs ect. and i got bored of ther XR fairly quickly due to "feel of lac of power" if that makes any sence. do u think yhat would happen with a yz250f?

my mate has an 03 he payed 4700 for it (yz250f)
it goes so fukin hard i rode it the other day and 2nd and 3rd have so much power all the way through fuck my arms almost ripped off and it feels so good to slide around on. no jap 125 will have any chance on this big boy.
i really want one of these aswell but i dont have the coin so i might go for a hummer 250 with a 47 tooth on the back

if you can ride a 125 you can ride a 250f there isnt alot of differance.. little more chunky

i ride a wr250f which is similar to a yz250f and the wr goes awsome its got plenty of power but its real useable ,its also preety comfy to ride though is a bit high for me as im not tall at all ,the only problem with modern day high performance 4 donks is that they require alot of time for maintaining them and cost shit loads to rebuild at the end of a racing season (up to $3000 for a rebuild) where as a mx 2 banger costs only $1500 at the max to rebuild and you can normally rebuild the top end in an arvo given you know what your doing

the problem with yz250f that there just as good as a yz125 2 stroke but are much smoother bigger and more relible and cheaper to run and also found there cheaper to get parts because of the stop of making two strokes after this year
my mate has the yz250 2 stroke and it goes a lot harder than the 250f just gets thrown around by the power could be because he not a good rider lol

I had wr250r same as yz realy with lights for 5 years never missed a beat i rode it to work raced it gave it heaps and never stoped just run a good oil and look after it and it will go 4 ages n ot like the crf's and kxf's and rmz's my m8's have had all had valve or some sort of head probs but mine did 5 times the work and allways went every time we went riding just get a nice exhaust for it and rejet the carby and she will be sweet

il prob get the 03 its a awsome bike should be able to get one for abot $4500-5000

Yes the '03 where an updated model the changed the big eng pin from 30mm up to 32mm for much more reliabiltiy the 01/02 use to be hand-grenades, the only bad thing about the YFZ's is the Titianium 5 valve system at around $150 each :eek:

they are sik ass. my mate used to have one got heaps of power

i would'nt say heaps of power ! once you got use to it you will be runnning out of gears in the bush.. now A 450 has heaps of power!

Latest posts

Back