YZ85 Large Wheel or TTR 230

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80s are to small and you will want more power. 125s arent that great either. To be honest id rather a 250f over a 125 2 stroke. But 250 2 strokes are awesome!

Ive never fouled plugs on 2 strokes. Only reason people foul plugs is because their jetting is too rich.

Your better off getting a 85 or 125.
Yes 2 strokes do foul plugs easily but if you jet it good enough then you wont foul them as much.
2 strokes are cheaper to fix than 4 strokes. 2strokes are lighter.
2 strokes have powerband=more fun.
Id recomend you to get the Yz 85 or even a 125.
Its easy, i thought going from chinas to big bikes would be hard. But its just getting use to the power once your use to the power and powerband its easy.
I went from 125cc china to a 125 then to a 250 lol.
Still sort of learning with the 250 but its getting easy as.
Just go with the 85

Im now looking at the KDX 200. Anyone know much about them, ive heard great things about them.

i ride my mates 03 yz85,at first its a bit spooky,but u get soon find ur limits,and with powerband u can feel it coming on,so at first u can short shift and go easy and slowly advance more at ur own pace

Man 85's are the best..

I went from a pee wee 50 to a cr 80 when i was 10.. Had a ball...

Dont have to worry about power band too much.. its easy to get use to..

I first rode a 80 when i was like 8 yrs old.. and i had to stop next to a milk crate cause i was too short..

And your 14, so you will have no probz.

Mate, if I were you Id definently be looking for a YZ85 BigWheel!!!

I was in this situation a while back where I was humming and harring about either buying a CRF230F or KX85 for my FIRST BIGBIKE. My first bike is the KLX110 I still have at the moment ;)

Unfortunately for me I chose the CRF230F which now I regret. Even though the Trail Bikes are Easy and cheap to maintain, easy to ride and fun overall they dont have as much IMPACT on your Improvement in MOTORIDING Skills compared to a MX Machine! I have just recently SOLD my CRF230F and am looking at purchasing a YZ125 later this year.

MXBIKES WILL make you a BETTER OVERALL rider ESPECIALLY a 2BANGER!!! I think for you the YZ85 would be the RIGHT CHOICE as it will teach you...Not to be lazy, be on the ball, improve your clutch & gear selection & braking & cornering techniques and Im certain the you would have a HEAP more fun on a 2 Stroke then the 230!!!

Although it might be a bit intimidating the first few months, once you get use to the feel of a 2 Stroke Im sure you will love it! It will also be more exciting to ride and will be harder to ride fast and controlled which is a Challenge BUT it will really Shape up your Riding Skills a lot.

I hope you understand where Im getting at, GET A YZ85!!!haha.

Anyways thats my 2cents ;)

If your want more help/info just get back to me!

GOODLUCK MATE

I have a TTR-230 (that im selling) AWESOME torque and its geared lower.

NEVER FAILED ME.

I've never been a fan of tinnies though

My mates and i went riding one day, i was on a wr 450 and a few guys had 230s, i swapped over and rode it and it felt like i was going no where, My old 140 pitty actually kept up with it trough tight scrub areas.. so go the 85 man, for sure!

Latest posts

Back