YZ85 Mini Motard Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm building another one of these for a mate in NSW, who's relocating to Perth at the end of the year!!!

So he sends it over in a box that even Houdini couldn't get out of!! Took me half an hour to get one side of the box off with brute force, ignorance and a very large snapon pry bar!!! :D

IMG_0239_zpsfn0yunac.jpg

Then I start dragging parts out of the box one by one because the box was to heavy to lift alone!!

IMG_0240_zpsylbenfkv.jpg

Got it all into the back yard and it looked like this

IMG_0243_zpse6iubyqe.jpg

IMG_0242_zpsu22paw4s.jpg

Took me less time to get it to look like below than it did to unpack it!!

IMG_0244_zpshmuuh7oo.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this motard build because the YZ85's have a stonking motor!! Plus he's told me I can use it as much as I like to test it properly. I think I'll just give it the odd run at our practises, but the thought of fitting it with rain tyres and parking it next to the ktm 65 (setup dry) on race days has crossed my mind a few times!!!

I've ordered an EBC 250mm floating disc and caliper bracket and got some spoked wheels coming to lace to the YZ hubs, I'll keep progress up on this build!!

Beauty. Yeh, my plan all along was to order some spare YZ hubs and lace them to Braap wheels

Latest posts

Back