z160 HO Engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigs_11

Reaction score
hey im sorry to bother every one but i just got a bike yesterday pitster pro 4xr with a new z160 HO Engine in it and im haveing a problem getting it started the kick start locks and wont kick over

brand new z160ho you say..
is this brand new never started?
some of these engines are prone to breaking the kick starter gears, don't stress tho you can get replacements from dhz or more than likely where ever you purchased the engine from.

just dont try and keep kicking it as you run the risk of cracking the R/H side engine case..

im not saying that the above is the problem but my suggestion to to take the engine or bike back and get the seller to suss it out, some places will void the warranty if you go digging around pulling the engine apart.

the above problem can be caused from a bad carb tune or poor kick starter action which tends to make the engine kick back and jam under your foot. ie; not enough engine speed during kick starting

brand new z160ho you say..
is this brand new never started?
some of these engines are prone to breaking the kick starter gears, don't stress tho you can get replacements from dhz or more than likely where ever you purchased the engine from.

just dont try and keep kicking it as you run the risk of cracking the R/H side engine case..

im not saying that the above is the problem but my suggestion to to take the engine or bike back and get the seller to suss it out, some places will void the warranty if you go digging around pulling the engine apart.

the above problem can be caused from a bad carb tune or poor kick starter action which tends to make the engine kick back and jam under your foot. ie; not enough engine speed during kick starting

well sorta its been ridden for about an hour when i try to kick it over it feels like its not catching sometimes

Latest posts

Back