z160HO brand new engine wont start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstarr

Reaction score
Hey guys i have recently baught a pitster pro z160ho engine. The engine is brand new ...i have mounted it in my frame pluged in the cdi and ignition coil.. On the loom there is a green wire with a spade i have earthed it to the frame but it wont start..i have checked for spark but there is none... Please helpp!!! :)

sounds like the kill switch isn't wired up right

sounds like the kill switch isn't wired up right

i have checked my wiring im pretty sure everything is tip top lol....I just want the thing to start haha!! Anything else you think it could be? Thanks

Could it be a something faulty in the magneto?

Yep, you definitely have an electrical problem if you have no spark. Definitely go and check all your wiring again, and see if you can identify the problem. If nothing obvious, you are going to have to dig a little deeper. Ensure you have a good earth, and that the circuit is complete. After that you are going to need a test light to trace your problems.

Time to break out the multimeter I think, you can test if the current is passing through the kill switch or not that way and that will be on less thing to worry about, then start check other parts of the circut for faults.

Has your harness got the pink wire? If so is it hooked to the blue and white wire? Is the earth wire from the magneto side hooked into the earth wire on the harness and don't hook the green and red wire up toanything.

did you have any luck with the engine mate.

Still no luck.. Iam going to take my bike to dhz within the next week or two and see if they can resolve it. Thanks for the help guys appreciate it

Latest posts

Back