Z50R Throttle Governor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadz50r

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 1994 Z50R which i'm teaching my 2 1/2 year old son to ride but it is to quick for him, the throttle housing does not have a screw to govern the throttle like the Honda QR, CRF, ect.. I have tried to fit a QR housing but it doesn't fit . Anyone have any ideas where to get a Z50R throttle housing with a governor? Cheers
:eek:

i think an easy and cheaper way would be to put a pice of rubber tube in the carb slide to restrict the throat from opening all the way up

you get me ?

Couple of people have suggested that, do you know of anyone that has done it and that if it works well?

no not really ,it cant be to hard mate just undo the top cap where tha cable goes in and get the cable out of the slide bit and put a tube over the spring and cable and only allow about 10 mm shorter then screw back it and try it out if no good try again shorter or longer

it wont hurt nothing ,use bit a fuel line

cool take pics when you do it ,that way if you get stuck we caan help and if ya dont makes you look smart and made a cool mod for a z50r lol

I've done it and it works great ... Yeah , stiff rubber or plastic fuel hose would be great ... Remove the cable from the slide , put the slide back in the carb then stick the fuel hose in and cut it off flush with the top of the carb ... then remove it and cut 5 mm or whatever off , slide it over the cable inside the spring ... re-attach the cable to the slide , then put it back together ... Instant throttle stop ...

Plastic fuel hose softens up as the engine heats up so it starts to allow more throttle ... That's why I said to use a plastic biro outer tube ... You can cut a slot along the length of the tube with a hacksaw to make it easier to fit ... Heck , you could even use a piece of wood skewer if the hose or pen tube doesn't fit inside the Z50's small diameter spring ... (Or anything that's softer than metal) ...

I doubt if a 2 1/2 year old kid would twist hard enough to over compress the rubber or plastic hose anyway ... Either way ... he'll have a lot more confidence with a throttle stop ...

Yeah SnItChY ... a rego'd Z50 makes a HELL of a lot of sense these days mate ... And since golfers use 'em ... they're guaranteed to hold their value ... I used to own a blue 1972 model Z50A Minitrail before I got into the XR's ... It was a great little bike ... super reliable , and topped out at 28 mph ... LOL ...

Latest posts

Back