Zongshen 250cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wags

Reaction score
:(
Received new bike 250cc Zongshen. Doesn't run to well any ideas. It idles good but when third 1/3 throttle opened it pops and back fires but if at full throttle it disappears and goes good till you back off again.Bike is new and has done it since new ridden only twice. Rang supplier and have done his recommendations to no joy. So far checked valve clearence, adjusted fuel mixtures in and out from original setting, checked plug, checked air box for oil and obstructions, tighted all manifold bolts, Drilled out fuel outlet in tank and changed fuel line to 1/4 hose to get better fuel flow. Still no joy? :confused:

not running right

sound like its leaning out on fuel,the carby may need rejetting.

if its backfiring it means that the fuel isnt being burnt maybe its the electrics or too much fuel. does it run when your on full throttle

Yes once its past the mid range poping and back firing it tends to run OK on full throttle.

hey

I just got a new zongshen 250cc motor and ripped out my zongshen 200cc so it is a 250cc in a 200 body!
Anyways your problem is that you are running too rich because of your main jet needle, it is too high in the main jet letting through too much fuel to air!
You need to go to a higher notch on the u clip so that the needle sits deeper in the main jet! Test and if its still a little rich then go up one more but not too much you dont want it too lean then it will overheat and mabee detonate!! Hope that helps!:)

main jet

could it be that the main jet is too big?? maybe a 102.5 would be the G.O.

what size jet do you have in it now? what brand of carbi and how big?

zongshen 250

Seeing that the bike was new why not return it to dealer under usaul 12mnth 10000km Warranty and let them sort it out. You will void warranty by stuffing around with it.

since this thread is over a year old the warranty would be up by now:eek:
10000KM/12 months what a crack up. If only there was such a thing. Wonder how many sellers would be still in business. Not many I suspect.

I have the 250cc zongshen engine too, but it is smoking, and making rattling noises. What is the valve clearance on it supposed to be?

Its got nothing to do with mixtures etc. I have had two carbies that have done the same thing. some of the carbies. not all come with an oily substance through them to stop corrosion. bloddy asians put this in the bikes for transport but not all the time. when you first start running your bike air fuel mixes with this substance not too well and crystalises. I took my bike t a mechanic and paid 100 bucks and had the whole carby cleaned out. gaps checked, standard plug changed etc. never had a problem since. this is the info that he had given me. hope that helps

pop and bang

:(
Received new bike 250cc Zongshen. Doesn't run to well any ideas. It idles good but when third 1/3 throttle opened it pops and back fires but if at full throttle it disappears and goes good till you back off again.Bike is new and has done it since new ridden only twice. Rang supplier and have done his recommendations to no joy. So far checked valve clearence, adjusted fuel mixtures in and out from original setting, checked plug, checked air box for oil and obstructions, tighted all manifold bolts, Drilled out fuel outlet in tank and changed fuel line to 1/4 hose to get better fuel flow. Still no joy? :confused:

Hi
The main cause of back firing is too much fuel! if you run your motor at night you should see flames. This is the unburnt fuel, check the spark plug and if it is black this is you back firing fault, there are many reasons for this on engines, exhaust, carbys, inlet manifold and tight clearances on the valves. you can send a lot of money to fix this or just rider the bike and have fun?
But first thing l'd try is to lower the fuel jet by one notch, when you have the carby slide out check the inlet manifold make sure that there is no gasket or some other thing in there, the other thing too do is check the coke is open and stays open when you rev the bike.

Tim Tyn

Latest posts

Back