04 Pitboss 110 Going to bild up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
um sorry to bust your bubble mate but your frame has a big crack in it and its bent :(

ehh need new frame for new style swing arm, but edit the pick with the "bend" and "crack" to point out to me plz :)

its only a slight bend but you notice it in the last pic i have posted

24b2o7r.jpg

24b4t9y.jpg

i have a feeling that bike is an 04 Thumpstar or FYM 110... genuine one... Frame reinforcement is thumpy, as are all the lil bits like wiring clips, battery box etc....
"Compliance" plate/build plate is also FYM/Thumpstar genuine item....

You will find the headstem bearings arent the tapered roller bearing type... They are ballbearing cup-and-race type bearings... similar to older CRF/XR50's...
If that motor is running, they're a good engine, and probably worth keeping or freshening up... they breathe a hell of a lot harder than more modern 110 engines...
You will also have problems with fitting a new swingarm to it, as the Thumpy/FYM's run 12mm swingarm pivot bolts, whereas most newer bikes run 10mm bearings and runners...
You will need to go to a bearing shop, and source bearings with a 30mm O/D and 12mm I/D to put in the new swingarm...

yes gen thumpy,
Yes the motor is runing!
its a lile sluggish due to its ours found out over 350 hours
but seems quite ok for it
ile sell the motor in a copple of months for some cash once my 140 gets here,

it breaths that well it spits fire if the pipe is a little bit loose!

with the swing arm, i will only get rid of it if my pipes dont fit
and i cant mod it to make them fit

thanks for the info your a handy bloke to get in touch with

once pipe and wheel on ile do a ride buy on camera down my street then upload it
to show how its doin

the twin pipe exhuast will NOT fit that swingarm... and you will have to fabricate and weld up a new upper shock mount if you want to run a monoshock type swingarm, as opposed to the cantilever or A-frame swingarm you have already... the other problem is, the frame geometry on this type of frame, will not support any other swingarm and shock configuration than A-frame swingers... sorry mate, but if you've bought the pipes, i'd be selling them straight away to try and get some money back... the A-frame swinger and shock will run straight through the middle of the crossover pipe for the L/H side muffler....

oh, if that engines is running nice and clean, keep it!! they're great motors, and they actually run a genuine mikuni carby... which are of far better quality and tuning that the Fakunis on 99% of other pitbikes...

if u drop the side up suports lower and shorten the back pole relocate mounts it should fit tho?

i can get a 08 frame new for 40$ might have to cuse i wana run 2 pipes

what would be some good mods to do to it?
can i make it manual instead of semi/auto?

mate your frame is bent... new frame, different swingarm setup, then you may run the twin pipe setup, but ONLY if you run a non-external reservoir shock, or a remote reservoir rear shock... eg DNM MT or MST-BAG....
seriously, to convert the a-frame swinger frame to a monoshock swinger type frame, you are looking at a complete cut and shut job, and frame rejigging.... by the time you're done with all the fu**ing about, you could have bought a better frame....
and no, you cant do the mods to the swinger that you've mentioned. will completely change your leverage ratios, and you wont find a shock that will have spring or valving rates that will work with it..
Hate to say it mate, but i'd turf the bike you have, with the exception of the motor, and start from scratch...

good mods? first thing to try on ANY motor, is carby and exhaust.... Try an OKO26mm Flatslide...
exhaust, well, it looks like you'll need to get a new frame to suit the twinpipe setup now dont it... ;)

ile buy the frame tomorow actaly might be able to pick it up tomorow
any hints for swinger?
ile just swap frame swinger and shock then..

new frame will also require new forks, (longer), 14/12 wheels or 12/10 wheels, the newer frames run different triple clamp setups to the old thumpys... mate i'd seriously suggest you do your research first on building up a bike from scratch... it will end up being a hell of a lot more expensive than you think...
DHZ sell pretty good swingarms for around $70 odd dollars.

gona sell this in less than 4 months will have 500+ what i can get for this, note has back wheel to go on and stock pipe so not missing stuf, how much would i get for it?

It kinda depends on how u are gonna stand... like your style of riding really.. and what ur standing on them for... but good luck with the build its comming on really nicely..

Latest posts

Back