09 crf

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any progress on this build also a couple of pages back you have a pic of your wheels what are they and what are the hubs and also how much???? i want some hd black rims for mine
just waiting on some parts (rear shock and pegmount) to turn up...
the wheels are
front 12inch: red baron rim,stock polished hub, buchannon h/d spokes
rear 10inch: fast 50s red billet hub,buchannon h/d spokes,pro wheel rim
if your after black alloy rims try the sm pro rims i think there only $100 each

it's a +3 ..........

Awsome, it looks good. I want to upgrade my frame and swingarm but there are so many options and i dont want the bike looking stupid as i have noticed some frame and swingarm setups do. Yours looks good though, and i like the sound of the extra stability you should get out of a longer swingarm... where abouts did you get your frame and swingarm from?

Cheers, Dave

thanks man.. i bought my frame and swinga from the US when the dollar was still good...
the +3 goes perfectly with +1forklegs and h/d springs

Last edited:
i thought i'd drag it out an give ya's an update as i have'nt done anything to it in awhile..
DSC01573.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

i just got a brand new older i-shock for a pretty good price so i decided i'd run that insted of the kitaco shock i bought..still waiting on my pegmount from kaos50(nearly 8 weeks now) also waiting on the forks to be p/coated and i gotta install the 88cc kit other than that should be able to put it together and have it runnin pretty soon:)

i just got a brand new older i-shock for a pretty good price so i decided i'd run that insted of the kitaco shock i bought..still waiting on my pegmount from kaos50(nearly 8 weeks now) also waiting on the forks to be p/coated and i gotta install the 88cc kit other than that should be able to put it together and have it runnin pretty soon:)

Have you ridden on the Kitaco shock before? Im just interested how they perform coz they look pretty good.

8 weeks and still waiting for Kaos50, thats sounding like a very common story when dealing with them. I would expect much better service from our sponsors so Kaos50 you need to get your shit together because we hear complaints all to often about your postage times. With so many delays I wouldnt buy from you and that is a really bad thing for me to have to say about one of our sponsors because I prefer to support our sponsors as they support us but I honestly couldnt recommend anyone buy from you when our members are treated so poorly with waiting soo long for postage. They would be better off buying direct from the usa and have it no later than 2 weeks so why should they buy from you and wait more than 8 weeks?

^^^ i have'nt ridden with the kitaco shock yet so i could'nt tell you how it performs. now i have it spare i might wack it in me stocka and see how it goes.
and kaos 50 dont get me started i emailed them friday and they said they had FORGOT about the order and they would express post the pegmount monday.
not really good enough when like you said I-THUMP i could of ordered it from the states and had it in under 2 weeks....

man where do u guys get ur parts from :( im looking for cheap crf50 stock plastics anyy1??

i had one of the kitaco shocks before i bought my fox shock and it would of been sweet if i was abit lighter like it gave it abit more height and travel but still bottomed out easily so if you are smaller build than it will be sweet just dont buy from kaos one they stuff everything up and im not sure exactly how much they want but i think they are charging like $200 for that shock now i bought it from them awhile ago for $120 or you can get them from OZ50 for like $90 or $100 now....

also sageone do you have a stock carby or will you have one when you do the 88 kit????

i had one of the kitaco shocks before i bought my fox shock and it would of been sweet if i was abit lighter like it gave it abit more height and travel but still bottomed out easily so if you are smaller build than it will be sweet just dont buy from kaos one they stuff everything up and im not sure exactly how much they want but i think they are charging like $200 for that shock now i bought it from them awhile ago for $120 or you can get them from OZ50 for like $90 or $100 now....

also sageone do you have a stock carby or will you have one when you do the 88 kit????
yeah i got my kitaco shock from OZ50 for $90 ridiculous how much kaos is sellin them for $220 i think,
i might have a 07 carby for sale when i done my 88 kit

thats abit to much with those plastics man

no worries mate well let me no about the carby when you do the 88kit and would they be the same internals and everything????

UPDATE
lml002.jpg

fitted the back tyre,88c kit and race head,HD clutch
just deciding what colour to do my forks and then it's hammer time

looks good mate cant wait to see it all together

thats abit to much with those plastics man

You buy good plastics and run them for years...Buy shitty $40 plastics and they will snap. Saw it happen just yesterday on my mates bike.

$120 is a good price..I pay it without thinking twice. CHEAP and QUALITY dont really go together with that sort of thing.

Nice bike though mate, good to see someones building up a bike how its meant to be done. Your doing it right, it will look good once its all together.

alright bit of an update i hav'nt been doing much with this build lately. put a bit more of it together today (got a few goodies in the post) still got a few things on the to do list
. finish striping clutch cover
. machine sleeve's for the motor mount bolt's
. anodize bar clamp RED
. fit cradle
. ride it
got all the parts to finish it now just gota get of my ass and get it together haha
not the best pic but ya get the idea
newwwy004.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back