10" Wheel tube change victory.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logicquests

If in doubt......Get the grinder out!!
Reaction score
Just wanted to gloat for a moment in my success.

Another flat 10" rear tyre. Looks as if the rim lock slowly wore a hole in the inner tube.

Damned if you do damned if you dont.

I thought I would tackle the little beast myself this time and after all of the "Oh. poor you" type of remarks I received here when I mentioned it last I thought I should be prepared.

I got a good nights sleep, only drank 1.5 bottles of red wine last night, had a massage this morning and put eye of the tiger on the stereo on repeat. I was ready for battle.

For some reason " Fame" would occasionally find its way on to the stereo but it was O.K. as I just had to think of myself as a dancer for a little while. It was still very motivating but in a queer way.

I did some further research at my local bike shop. There was a guy working there who had two broken wrists. He looked full on so I thought if anyone can help me, this guy can. I had to turn down eye of the tiger on my ipod when I spoke to him but I could see it in his eyes, he understood what was going on.

He suggested a thing called a bead buddy. Looked kind of strange, but how could I argue with a man who had 2 broken wrists with titanium rods poking out of them. He had broken more bits on bikes than he had bits on himself. Respect.

I purchased all of my bits and pieces and turned the ipod back up. I headed out for battle.

I have never tried to change a tyre on anything besides a car before and that is pretty much just unbolt and bolt.

I was able to remove the tyre without too much bother using the bead buddy. (see attached picture) I put the new inner tube in the tyre and removed the valve, as suggested by my fearless motorcycle warrior friend at the bike shop. He said this allowed the tube to seat itself nicely into the tyre and would deflate as soon as you removed the pump. Once again, It sort of made sense. I put baby powder on the tube as well. This supposedly acted like a lubricant and encouraged the tyre levers to slip off the tube instead of grabbing it.

To cut my ridiculously long story short, I was done in about 45 minutes. I Only swore a couple of times and this was due to "Fame" coming onto the stereo more than I had hoped for.

Just wanted to encourage everyone.

If you prepare yourself well and look for the most injured person at the bike shop to ask for assistance you to can do what others may suggest cannot be done.

Logic

Attachments

• bead buddy.jpg
    bead buddy.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back