$1000-$1500 Best buys?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klootzak

Reaction score
Yo, i've been searching this site trying to find out whats the good bad n ugly of cheaper types of minibikes and it seems everyone is contradicting each other :confused:. can someone give me the good news on a good pit bike for around a G / 15 hunge? im B Grade Open MX / Expert enduro so i want something that can take a bit, but i prob wont ride it heaps cos im on my big bikes most the time. in WA so ill get it off the net n im chasing like a 125 / 140 with 12/14" wheels. cheers guys...

yeah cool cheers. i dont really wanna spend much more, im thinkin like 2g's max incl postage should b enough for what i want but can these cheaper bikes take it? i'd like to save the cash but if im gonna fold it in half off a jump id rather spend the xtra moolah

like big bikes

if you dont spend the cash you wont get the benefit

as a big bike rider you wont enjoy the bike if you get a cheep one and a cheep one wont respect you as a rider and the unreliability will make you throw it away

for you my suggestion is the pitster pro x4r or the ciniworks 160 ms or the ciniworx alloy 140 pro

these bikes are 2500 round about but you get a top of the line ride and you will enjoy your pitty as much as you do the big motocrosser

by cheaper bikes i meant like the DHZ 140 outlaw. just been checkin it out n looks alright. ill check out those pitster pros now n see but given that i wont ride it heaps i didnt really wanna spend that much. just for playing on nothin too serious...

and can u buy those ciniworks on line?

yeah troy at westcoast mini moto will look after you

and you can contact ciniworx over here he will ship direct to you at good rates

do u know how much the ciniworks expert or standard are it doesnt say on the site? i was aslo just checkin out the DHZ DPRO 125R they look pretty sweet, any good?

the 125R is sweet, with the upgraded suspension and tires. I ride a DPRO 160 and its awesome, except for the breaks i have found.

I think Ken is out of stock on the 125R's

All the DHZ bikes are really good value and built nicely

the ciniworx expert the midsize 160 is $2690 but has one of the best suspension setups on the market

the old expert 140 is a top bike fastace forks dnm rear and i know they are going for under the 2k mark

the alloy pro 140 is going for 2390 + shipping the thing in indestructable and is $3300 worth of bike so nearly a grand saving as they are a runout model (he keeps parts for all of them)

if you get a DHZ you'll be up for quite a few upgrades straight out of the box, they're good bikes but they're for people on a tight budget, suspension & tires are very basic to name a few

coming from a jap MX background you should really spend that bit more for a pitster pro or cinworks bike.

Yeah , if you are going to ride the bike on an MX track and pound it like a big bike ... it doesn't matter if it's only for one ride or 100 ... you still need a decent quality frame , suspension and wheels ...

The only other way to end up with a decent quality bike if you can't afford to pay out the cash in one go is to buy it in bits and build it up yourself ... It ends up costing around the same or more than buying a ready to run Pitster , Ciniworx etc though ... but at least the end result is exactly what you wanted ...

A DHZ with a 155Z engine in it (or a Lifan 150) would be a good cheap starting point ... most of the other engines are prone to case failures or broken kick starter gears if you don't avoid kick back ...

whaddaya reckon if i got say a DHZ 140 n put $500 of suspension on her? or what will it cost? and if i blow it up, then i'll get a better engine n slap it in?

whaddaya reckon if i got say a DHZ 140 n put $500 of suspension on her? or what will it cost? and if i blow it up, then i'll get a better engine n slap it in?

yep for $500 you should be able to get a set of GPX fork and a DNM reservoir shock. that's if you look around and get very good prices on them

but then you still need bars/grips $100
Chain $30
airfilter $30
and any other little bits that fall apart after a couple rides

hmm interesting. they come with free pro tapers and ill have some grips lying around at home so that doesnt leave much, so that could be an option.
im still looking into the ciniworx bikes prob the 140 expert but just gotta wait for a reply. cheers for the input guys but by all means keep it comin if u got ideas...

If you get a dhz you will bend the rims on ya first ride! they cant handle anything. fork seals pop aswell easily, but other than that there great for the price!

yeah i looked into that but they're pretty pricey for not much chop. fair enough they're better quality but they still run drum brakes and the shocks are made for kids. my mates got one and it bottoms out over a curb so by time u get those things sorted it can run up a hefty bill...

Latest posts

Back