110cc Pitbike, HELP!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordrule

Reaction score
hey, i had a 110cc pitbike, or thumpstar wat eva u call it. I bought it when it wasnt working, it didnt need much work. I filled it with oil, fixed the coil, bought new rims, cleaned it up, etc. Then once i started (before i added oil), it all started well (first kick) and blew no smoke. The next morn i put in oil, coz i realised it was low. I then stated it, and it blew shit loads of white smoke, less with choke off. i took 2 the mechanic, he sed not sure untill he opens engine and will cost a bit, n he sed it could be rings, gasket, etc, he wasnt sure. He sed until he opened he couldnt tell me wats wrong. I thought, nah not spending any more$$ on it and sold it the other day. The guy now wants to know why it blows smoke, and i dont want to refund money coz i got other bike, if he asks.
Could any one please tell me what sounds like the probs, if i have to take it back?????
pls reply asap!!!!!!!

did you drain the oil??
if not drain all the oil and put in 10w40 oil

Last edited:
main reasons for smoke:
1.too much oil
2.blown rings
3.oil leaking onto the exhaust pipe.

i think but correct me if im wrong the white smoke is caused by stale fuel. drain ya carby out by the screw at the bottom of the bowl. make sure your fuel tap is off. put fresh premium in it and run it. premiuim should clean ya carby out a little aswell. if your rings are stuffed or over filled with oil it will blow blue smoke not white.

very odd for white smoke to come from the exhaust on an air cooled bike... id go with rossetti in guessing water in the fuel... other wise, possible colour blindness and its actually blue smoke :D in that case, rings, or valves...

and shame on you for selling a dud bike, without telling the buyer about anypossible problems previously..

very odd for white smoke to come from the exhaust on an air cooled bike... id go with rossetti in guessing water in the fuel... other wise, possible colour blindness and its actually blue smoke :D in that case, rings, or valves...

and shame on you for selling a dud bike, without telling the buyer about anypossible problems previously..

lol colour blindness... um only thing if its got water in the fuel dont they cough and splutter and carry on?? also my mates bike done it too and its air cooled. so id say it would be just stale fuel?

lol colour blindness... um only thing if its got water in the fuel dont they cough and splutter and carry on?? also my mates bike done it too and its air cooled. so id say it would be just stale fuel?

lol, yes i did tell the dude it blew smoke, just that he bought it at lik 11pm, on XMAS!
the next morn he was bullshittin that it didnt work, i think he was just pissed coz of the smoke.
and NO IM NOT COLOUR BLIND!!! its definantly white smoke.
but i did notice that when i put in new fuel it with the old, it blew a lil less smoke, does water cause white smoke????
if so i think that may be the cause, coz the person who had the bike be4 me
for some reason tried water 2 clean out the engine, not long be4 i bought it without lettin me know to later on:confused: n i was told by the mechanic to run the bike for a while, then take off the oil cap to let it evaproate out. is it possible theres still water in there, the bike was bought over 1yr ago and been run many time with a full tank of oil.
please let me know if any1 can help me further now????

lol, yes i did tell the dude it blew smoke, just that he bought it at lik 11pm, on XMAS!
the next morn he was bullshittin that it didnt work, i think he was just pissed coz of the smoke.
and NO IM NOT COLOUR BLIND!!! its definantly white smoke.
but i did notice that when i put in new fuel it with the old, it blew a lil less smoke, does water cause white smoke????
if so i think that may be the cause, coz the person who had the bike be4 me for some reason tried water 2 clean out the engine, not long be4 i bought it without lettin me know to later on:confused: n i was told by the mechanic to run the bike for a while, then take off the oil cap to let it evaproate out. is it possible theres still water in there, the bike was bought over 1yr ago and been run many time with a full tank of oil.
please let me know if any1 can help me further now????

water will cause steam or 'white smoke' when heated!
CLEAN OUT THE ENGINE WITH WATER? thats just plain stupid.
the water surely would of evaporated or been drained out with every oil change...
how many times u changed the oil?
does this white smoke still evaporate from the dipstick hole when its running?

OMFG thatsthe dummest thing i have heard

cleaning out the engine with water LOLLL

i still dont think it was the water though. he never said it was splutterin and carryin on or nuthin. i think it was just stale fuel

ohh and by the way to get rid of the fuel put some metho into your tank(with the fuel) but not to much and run it.

ohh and by the way to get rid of the water put some metho into your tank(with the fuel) but not to much and run it.

ohk, well its still in the shop coz they closed over n.y's.
i have done about two or three oil changes since i had it. (dont ride it as much)
Rossetti, when you say splutterin, how do you mean, eg??
i cant member if i could see it evaporating from oil hole.
My mate told me that if you have 2 stroke in the fuel, that it would blow
out white smoke, if its a four stroke? is this true? lol dw, i havent put 2 stroke in it, i just thought id ask.

with the water problem, if its still in there, do you reckon an engine flush might clean it out, like you do on a car?
cheers for ya help, please keep helpin!

yep it would blow smoke if you put 2 stroke fuel in but i think it would be blue smoke (correct me if im wrong :) )

i think an engine flush would clean it out dude.

roughly how many hours would you say you've ridden it since the other guy tried to clean the engine with water?
cause i would imagine it would only take an hour or two for the fuel etc to flush out any water that could still be in the engine (once again, correct me if im wrong).

yeah twisties blue smoke. splutterin like it sounds like it doesnt fire on some strokes and just stuggles to runs. if steam is still happenin try a bit of metho in ya tank

twisities, i havent riden it much coz ive been afraid of blown rings, and didnt want to make it worse.

another question, is there much difference from useing car oil, or motor bike oil?
coz i seen in a supershit, i mean supercheap catalog that you can buy proper 4stroke motor bike oil. Would there be a diff?
Also, i thought if i replaced the spark plug it might make a diff. i bought a new NGK R CR8HSA, and my mate gave me TORCH A7TC, the guy at the shop reckons not to go on to the hotter burning plug (torrch a7tc) coz it could burn a hole in the piston head. is that true, or would it be fine?, coz i remeber wen i first put it in, it was blowin flames n soundin like back firing.

Rosseti, umm...i dont think so, i mean some times is struggles to idle, but if its warm itll idle, with a rev now n then. How much metho would you recommend?

Plug if too hot can cause preignition or melt... But only really a problem if you put it in and never check. And check the gap

hey guys, got the bike back today, i did 2 engine flushes.
The smoke died down alot on idle, but reving still blows a shit load of white smoke. I took off the oil measure plug while engine was running, coz on cars you do that to check if rings are gone (oil spits out the top if they are), is it the same for motor bikes, coz oil is spittin outa mine? coz like i said its white smoke not black or blue, and when i put my hand infront of the exhaust my hand cover in smoke n is splattered with oil, would a video be helpfull for you all to see the problem?

the reason the oil was spittin out is because the hole is right above the oil basically and when it gets turned on it with flick the oil straight out so no i dont think its the same for bikes as is cars. umm im not sure bout the metho i wouldnt use anymore than 100mls. well how is the smoke white if its spittin oil out of the exhuast? are you deffinetly sure its not a light blue? arent the plugs ment to be CH7SA?? cause thats what im runnin in mine. um also turn ya idle screw up a fraction when the bikes warm though!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back