"138" kit on ebay ...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cactus Jack

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
There's a guy selling a "138" kit on ebay and he's still insisting on it being a 140 kit despite being told it's only a 127.1 cc kit ...

There's been countless posts on the subject on both MR and PM ... so it's old news that you could only have missed if you've been living under a rock for the past 3 years ... :p

Here's a few old threads ...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/11364-lifan-127-vs-138-a.html

http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/10683-what-motor-2.html

Here's the listing ...

piston barrel gaskets pitbike quad buggy atv 140cc 140 - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 18-Mar-10 11:03:12 AEDST)

cheers for the heads up cactus haha, yeh it's hard to convince a n00b that 138 is really 127 8/

It WILL make your engine a 140 ... IF you've got a 61.1 or 61.2 mm stroked crank ...

lol yea but does he tell you that? nooooo he probly doesn't even know haha

hahaha, that dude is in my suburb... and i have had words with him also regarding his bullsht

but he cant be told

the top question in the listing is actually mine..and i had further direct emails to him...

Funnily enough , I had an inkling that it was someone like you who questioned him ... I also sent him this info :

QUOTE [That's a fake 138 kit which only makes 127.1 cc on a Lifan 120/ "125" with a 55.5 mm stroke crank ... The gudgeon pin will be 14 mm and the cylinder will measure 78 mm from gasket surface to gasket surface ... With a 59 mm stroke you need a 55 mm bore to make 140 cc and with a 57 mm stroke you need a 57 mm bore to make 140 cc ... Lifan 125's have a 54 mm bore x 54 mm stroke which makes them 123 cc ...]QUOTE ...

Here's a capacity calculator for anyone who's as confused , befuddled and bewildered as that ebay seller ... "madkeenkiwi"...

Tuning - Cubic Capacity

For the record a 1P54FMI is a Lifan 125 and a 1P52FMI is a 120 which can also be sold with "124cm3" cast on the cylinder ... There is also a 1P54FMI which is a 127 but can also have "138" cast on the cylinder ...

I've actually got one of those 54 mm bore "138" kits ... I bought it off DHZ a few years back ...

Last edited:
hahaha thats funny cause he replied back to me with this

as i said earlier, way more time on your hands than me. as ive described and measured, is what ive got, and nothing else, its that simple.
if your so worried about it, buy it yourself just so you can measure it and get exactly the same measurements as i did.
anyway just so as you can stick it in your pipe and smoke it'
pye = 3.14159
stroke = 60mm
bore = 54
swept volume therfore = 137.468
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT FREAKING CC's
now go geat an engine building mathmatical text book, read it twice, and stop embarrasing yourself. thanks.

my reply was

mate no chinese engine other than the yx150 daytona engine has a 60mm stroke..
and why would i buy it, i have one here already fitted to an engine.. its a standard replacement part..

mate jump online and check all the engines available and see there strokes...

mate your the one looking like a fool...
i have just about every crank made in these china engines here in my garage..
i know what crank came in what engine and what crank will fit on wat engine..

and no i dont need a text book mate, i have all the software to tell me what is what...

easiest way to back all this up is to show you proof Just got some specs on my 138cc lifan engine. - Pit Bike Club
read the first post and YOU DO THE MATH

obviously you cant be told, so good luck with ya sale...
hope it bits ya on the ass

hahaa so it was yr message to him that gave showed him how to work it out...

and i didnt hear from him after tht lol

ahhaa, i have the exact bore on one of my engines, i didnt know they were actually 127's

Latest posts

Back