Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbone_4300

Reaction score
Hey dudes awsome forum you got going here anyway I got a cheap china hack yamoto I think it's called frame is stamped with a star only cost me $100 an has been pretty good bike usd forks disc brakes rear shock holds
My fat ass aswel the only thing is it's on 14/12 wheel set up I just
Wana know could I change my wheels to 10s ..? My last bike was on 10s an it was the best .. Any info would be sweet b4 I go fork out cash on wheels cheers .!!
KEEP IT PINNED.!!! ***128074;

hey Tbone, welcome to miniriders :)

You should be able to go to 10's, just be sure to get the right axle size, and same brake disc size that is on your current wheels, and the right sprocket pitch to suit your chain. Hope this helps mate :)

Hey blender thanks for the quick as reply .. Yeah I was thinkin about the axles an the set I'm looking at is off ebay there just rims an tires so I'm fitting all my discs an sprocket then just spot weld all the spokes so the little **rz don't move haha

spot welding spokes ? woudnt the rim come laced new ? you have to also make sure that your disc and sprocket will line up to the hubs on the new wheels. my atomik 125 runs "sdg" hubs, they seem to be the most common sizes for sprockets/discs.
Do you have a link to the set your looking at?

Yeah the rims
Are complete I found on my last 50 my spokes when all loose an the rim
Was **** so I got
A new 1 an spot welded the spokes on the bit where ya tighten ya spoke an it would so dam we'll never had a problem
With it . Plus who wants to stick there fingers inside them
Little rims hahaha.... Yeah here they are Look at this on eBay:

10 Inch Alloy Front + Rear Wheel Rim Nobby Tyre Tire PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike BK

http://bit.ly/1ky2QrM.
I think my 14 an 12 are 15mm axles tho so I just gotta see if they
Will fit snug in
My forks an swing arm...

the wheels u linked to have the "sdg" styled hubs. one thing i read though, was that it states the axle size being "around 12mm" so i dont know whether they will fit up to your bike. Do you have a set of Verniers? if so, measure your axle width, to be sure.

Yeah man got a set of Vern's il have a look when I get a chance 13hr shifts can go
EAD.!! Haha ... Although if they have different size axles I could probley get a set machined up that taper down
... .??? Ya recon .?

Havnt had a chance to look yet but being it's 14/12 set up if dare say they are 15mm

Might have to just she'll out an get another bike then haha oh well let the shopping begin there anything good for sale on here brisbane to goldy area under $1000..?

u woulndnt have to get a new bike, just find a set of 10" wheels with the same axle sizes

Well finaly got to messure up my axles an
It turned out they are 15s so there goes that plan lol that thumpstar add for $800 keep catching my eye they look the goods an are well built bikes .?

Genuine thumpstars are very good bikes, they are the original minis, the ones that started it all. Plus, by buying one, you will be supporting this site, as they're site sponsors!

Sweet .!! Do I get some kinda deal if I buy a tsx88 an a tsr 88 .? Hahaha an are there any mini bike shops in brisbane anymore .?

Latest posts

Back