140 with 125 head ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sly93

Reaction score
Hey people im new to this site and trying to find an answer to a bit of a problem I am having with a bike i purchased to fix up. The person i got it off said it was a 140 it spat the plug so he took it to a shop they said they fixed it and it spat the plug again but this time he noticed something different he reckons they changed the head to a 125 head but he never went back there (silly b#$terd) and sat under his house for 6 or more years and now i have it. It has the brackets for the oil cooler so i dont no if it really was a 140 or not or if they have changed the hole engine is there a way to tell or is it possible they have put a 125 head on it and is it possible to change it back ??
Any help would be great thanks heaps .
I will put photos up as soon as I figure out how to, of mine and this project lol.
Cheers, Kurt

qoz8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i just spotted your '62 wagon, very nice! and i see you do a bit of a panel beating too.
i have a '61 wagon that i'll do up one day too when i get the room.

The photo didnt come up but thats the number above the sprocket hope thats it lol and yea thats my big toy as to speak lol but yea i am a panel beater by trade i really wanna finish it but i have just got my own house and its still at mum and dads and im trying to get everything ready at my place so i can bring her home i hate seeing it just sitting under tarps everytime i go to my parents house and i think so is my old man because its takeing up his pagola lol .
Cheers, Kurt

ok thanks,

on your photo host ImageShack, on the right of the pic is a get links button
press that, and then copy the blue highlighted text,
then come back here and click on the Insert Img icon above the text box, (3rd from right)
you will have the option to Insert the image from your PC, or from the Url (host)
click on From URL and then paste the code from ImageShack there, and select ok.

when you post the reply, the picture will show up in full size, like the link i fixed in your above post.

have a look at that link in my post at the top too, it explains things a little better.

going by your engines' model number, it looks like it might have a Lifan 125 in it ?

does that chrome plate on the r/h side of the engine have Lifan on it, or is it Ducar ?
and i'm not sure what you mean by it spat the Plug either ?

cheers, craig

Last edited:
ok thanks,

on your photo host ImageShack, on the right of the pic is a get links button
press that, and then copy the blue highlighted text,
then come back here and click on the Insert Img icon above the text box, (3rd from right)
you will have the option to Insert the image from your PC, or from the Url (host)
click on From URL and then paste the code from ImageShack there, and select ok.

when you post the reply, the picture will show up in full size, like the link i fixed in your above post.

have a look at that link in my post at the top too, it explains things a little better.

going by your engines' model number, it looks like it might have a Lifan 125 in it ?

does that chrome plate on the r/h side of the engine have Lifan on it, or is it Ducar ?
and i'm not sure what you mean by it spat the Plug either ?

cheers, craig

Ok no worries yea it is a 125 lifan engine it saids it on the chrome case and when i say spat the plug i mean you try to twist the plug in and it just keeps spining so in other words its threded .
Cheers, Kurt

ok, yeah you can't do them up too tight

$85 new inc delivery Lifan 125cc Head Assembly With CAM Valves Gaskets PIT Dirt Bike Thumpster | eBay

or just pull the head off and use a helicoil kit to repair it
the helicoils are only about 10mm long though, the thread depth in the head is about 16mm.

i think i have a spare used one here, low kms, i could sell you for $50 inc post if you are interested ?

Last edited:
Does it come with new gaskets ? And if it does whats the lowest you will do including postage .
Cheers, Kurt

Does it come with new gaskets ? And if it does whats the lowest you will do including postage .
Cheers, Kurt

Seriously that's the cheapest you will find one :thumbup: anything from Craig will be mint too!!

someone else might have one cheaper, closer to you maybe?
then you'll save the $14 postage

Ill get one anyway i can lol im just trying to get it running for the misses little brother for as cheap as possible but any way i pulled the head and piston head off and this is what i cam across and im pretty sure this isnt right lol

20140403_191406.jpg

looks like it's been run with a dirty air filter

And this is the head really dosnt look right lol 20140403_191337.jpg

Are the rings ment to sit loosely around it though ? And would i be better of getting a new piston head as well ?
Cheers, Kurt

head looks ok, there's a bit oil/carbon build up, but nothing too bad
the rings are supposed to sit wider than the piston, that is so they seal against the inside of the bore, and make compression when it is turned over.

Duca head and Piston on a lifan engine ? Would that be a reason it wont start ? Its got spark and carbi is fine and the plug is wet but it wont start i have put a ducar head and piston on it is that ok ? And it sounds like its sucking to much air when i kick it as well even with the filter on it ?
Any one have any suggestions
Cheers, Kurt

is the throttle slide closed ? eg down the bottom ?
have you adjusted the valves ?

Latest posts

Back