140 with 125 head ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nar the throttle slide isnt closed it has about a 5mm or smaller gap and i have adjusted the valves twice once at the ratio that you suggested and didnt get much compression so i adjusted it again to .04 for inlet and .06 for exhaust got more compression but still wont start just sounds like its sucking to much air ?

5mm sounds a bit high for the slide, is that at the air filter side (top of the raised arch)

is there an oiled air filter on the carby ?

post up a couple of pics of the carby and manifold etc

This is my slide hit and that is my filter im using and no its not oiled ? Would the ducar head be an issue ? 20140406_174315.jpg20140406_174122.jpg

can you lower the slide any more than that ?
if it is letting in too much air, it will have trouble starting as the pilot jet wont supply enough fuel

having the filter dry (not oiled) will affect the amount of fuel that gets drawn into the engine when it is running
it will give it a quite rich mixture

Yea im pretty sure i can move it down how much do i lower it and what sort of oil do i use one the filter just the air filtee spray stuff ? And is the filter any good or is there a filter you recommend to use or will that be fine oiled up ?
Cheers, Kurt

that filter should be ok the get it running.

i use the Castrol spray on Filer oil, Supercheap have it on special sometimes
Castrol Foam Air Filter Oil - 300g - Supercheap Auto Australia
just give it a light/medium coat and massage it in

with your spark plug removed and earthed to the head, what colour is the actual spark when you kick it over?
and have you tried replacing it with a brand new one, use an NGK C7HSA

with the filter off, shine a torch under the carby slide,
can you see about a 1mm gap under the other side of the slide ?
if not, adjust the screw on the r/h side of the carby (that lines up with the centre section) so you have 1. 1.5mm gap between the bottom of the slide and carby body

Ok sweet alright i will get that on the way homethe sarvo and im pretty sure its a blue spark and can you get that plug from super cheap as well or would i have to get that from a thumpstar shop ? And i will adjust the slide when i get home and take more photos to show you and then you can tell me if its right or not :) .
Cheers, Kurt

do you have another coil you can try on the bike too ?
the blue spark should be close on white, but it may just be the plug too ?

at least you are getting the plug wet now

the pitbike shops might only have the cheap chinese plugs.
the NGK Spark Plugs are $4.89ea at Supercheap, C7HSA (not the (CR7HSA)
NGK Spark Plug - C7HSA - Supercheap Auto Australia

Yea i have got another spark plug coil if that is what you are talking about i have a couple of them. Ok once i get home ill throw the new plug in and see if the spark colour changes and if it dosnt ill throw on another coil pack and try again if thats good ill adjust the slide and oil up the air filter and give it ago fingers crossed lol yea this one is getting fuel to the plug witch is this white bike but the red one i still havnt got fuel to the plug im just having a rest on that one for now till i get oil for it in the mean time im working on this one witch i have a second hand head and piston 20140323_182708.jpg
Cheers, Kurt

Hey mate i have done everything you have suggested mate new plug oiled up the air filter adjusted the slide and still didnt start and is still sucking to much air ? This is the carb before 20140406_174315.jpg
And this is after 20140407_172544.jpg

your pics are huge.

turn the idle speed screw in until it lifts the slide about 1mm - 2mm
are you kicking it over with the air filter on?

and when you adjusted the valves, are you sure the engine was at TDC?

I have been thinking about what i have done since changing the head if my timing is out would that be a factor in why it isnt starting ?
Cheers, Kurt

your pics are huge.

turn the idle speed screw in until it lifts the slide about 1mm - 2mm
are you kicking it over with the air filter on?

and when you adjusted the valves, are you sure the engine was at TDC?

Sorry about that im uploading them the way you said.
And where it sits now is as far down as it will go and yea it was at the TDC its not my first time adjusting valves i fixed the valves on my 140 and it runs better then when i bought it and it hasnt skipped a beat and nar i had the filter on of course but i have been thinking about it if my timing is out would that be a reason why its not starting im thinking i might just throw a new head on it re-do the timing and valves if need be. And when i pulled the head off it was missing a couple of them little sleeves that go over the main long bolts that slip into both the bore and head that wouldnt be a problem would it ? And if so is it possible to buy them from somewhere but i have noticed it is starting to leak oil slightly to so that might because those sleeves arnt there . I might just pull it all down and start again .
Cheers, Kurt

looking at the front of the head, with the gearbox behind it,
the only stud that really needs those locator dowels is the bottom left one. (maybe someone forget the Rubber O'Rings for the head and barrel base gaskets too ?)
but they do help locate/align the head and base gaskets

OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Dowels cylinder to block or cylinder head YX150,160,170 (Powered by CubeCart)
Cylinder Dowel Pin 12mm Long x 8.0mm O.D. - Pit Bike Engine Parts - CYLINDERS - TRC-2653 - TBolt USA, LLC

or post a wanted ad in the classifieds section (read the 1st sticky at the top of the page, and use the correct layout too)

Ok no worries nar i dont think there was little o ring rubbers i think i no witch ones you are talking about there on the bottom of the bore and head and the gasket sits over them ? I am gonna pull it down again and have another good look at everything then try again just wondering for engine oil am i better of going to a thumpstar direct shop for oil or can i get the same sort of product say from repco or super cheap etc ?
Cheers, Kurt

Ok no worries thank you.
Well i have pulled the head back off the bike and realised the barrel has an oval shaped hole 20140408_174453.jpg
While the head as a circular hole 20140408_174603.jpg
Does that matter ? The head that was already on the bike when i got it had the circular hole and the bore was oval witch is the same bore im useing now . But on the doner engine both the bore and head have circular holes .
I tried the bore off the ducar engine on the lifan but it wouldnt fit on to the long bolts on the lifan engine because the bolts where thinner on the ducar then the lifan? So what should i do im gonna buy a new head for it because the spark plug thred wasnt the best when i put it on there and to save all drama ill just replace it with a new head so should i replace the bore as well or will it be fine with the oval hole and i have a spare rubber off another engine buts its circular so pretty sure it wont fit into an oval shape hole lol
Cheers, Kurt

Any suggestions on what i do ? I have come to a stop on this one at the moment just cause im not sure why the holes are different and if i should change both the head and bore ?
Cheers, Kurt

nah doesn't matter with the oval/round holes, the base and head gaskets are usually elongated to let them match.
just make sure the seals are fitted on those holes though.

Ok no worries when you say seals do you mean the gaskets or the rubber o ring ?
Cheers, Kurt

Latest posts

Back