140cc Lifan Engine from Atomik - Personal Experience

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey thump...i know you said above that it has no decomp mech but did you put the cam in yourself or is one of the yx140's tht came standard with the 7mm cam?
reason i ask is i have one of those engines and it came standard with a decomp mech on the cam and was always easy to start and felt weak on the kick start comp..

and the cam shouldnt remove that much comp.

nah the cam was listed on egay as a 7mm lift to suit lifan 140... yeah installed it myself, so i can confirm it doesnt have the anti-kickback or decomp mechanism... the standard cam had the anti-kickback mechanism on it... took me friggin ages to figure out how to get the cam out... stupid simple explanations catching me out... *kick*
but yeah, mine has always felt low on compression, and always been easy to kick over and start... despite having strong psi on leakdown tests.. mind you, this motor was purchased in july of '08... not sure if they were changed between now and then, cause i've never had kickback issues from day one... nor does it need to be pushed past TDC to fire it... you just wail away like it's an 85cc mxer.. always starts second or third kick... unlike all the YX140's on the ride day... heh heh... :D

I had a WR250F had only done 900klms and had kickstart gear and shaft snapped by a mate who didnt no how to start it this happened on a $12000 bike from japan so can happen to anyone.
Less leg required

Thump 140 check out my track in the video comp we added start gates last week and a third whoop, might be a noobs but got the gear my friend.

lol yes mate, was referring to your noob mate lunching your kickstart...

ok curiousity got me... got the gear?? wtf??? how does "having the gear" improve matters??
Tech 10's, shiny VX2 and Ricky Bubba replica copy genuine imitation goggles and helmet speed fin does not make The Chad's equivalent...
Plus ur noob mate still ****ed your kickstarter... lol..

No i just run stackhat truckies singlet and thongs fully pro outfit but i like the sound of the above, but just like my mate too expensive.

oh, ha ha, actually i do remember your video now... i dont think the jap riding boots will be much chop if you come off.... and a decent kickback may result in having to have the kickstarter surgically removed from the inside of your foot... and the wife beater, while comfy, wont keep gravel out your shoulders when you low side it down the driveway... he he he. :D
ebay is great for getting "genuine" riding gear on the cheap... :)

Yeah we now have a rule must wear helmet (Ice Cream containers are not a Helmet!!)and at minimum double pluggers thongs.
We have a strict safety policy in place, i will upload some more videos next week.
Mate bought 150cc reighn bigfoot snapped the outer rotor cover screw first ride, my DHZ has only had 2 sets of handlebars replaced to big offs, its all good fun. love this mini bike stuff more fun than the bigger bikes
Glen Kearny GNCC factory rider coming over next week for a hotlap

^^^ I think he may hose you... ;)
and no, ice cream buckets are not helmets... eskys are awesome toboggans though...

Eskys should only be used for keeping beer cold LONG LIVE THE GOD OF BEER!!!!!
They are only good until you hit a decent bump and lose the contents of your bowels! no one likes a
S!@# flavoured esky

lifan 140's are crap and pretty far from reliable, yx 140 is the one you want,they're much tougher...
Thats a fairytale:p

Although kickback can still happen when using the proper starting technique (happened to me lol, probly didn't kick hard enuff).
No , its a ignition issue most of the time;)
I abused the crap out of my YX140 never kicked it right and got kickback nearly every time I started it, never had a problem. then I got a lifan and I knew how to start it by then, one accidental kickback even while being very careful and the gears crunched.
Thats another goodnight story again:D

Pitster now has the ... FRD EZ-Decomp system that suits ALL engines ... It looks to be a great idea ... but I don't like the fact that the fixture is made from aluminium (at the price) ... I can see the fooker getting bent ... OR the plug wearing into it over time ... Stainless steel would be a much more trustworthy and durable metal to make it from ... They've just stated that they'd be willing guarantee it against breakage for 1 year ...

FRD EZ-D-Compression System

PITSTER New decomp lever ???? - Planet Minis

I bought one but haven't tried it yet ...

I read in a PM thread where the small circlips can pop off the Takegawa de-comp cams ... Also , they are made to suit KLX 110's which have a raised flat part on their cam sprocket that activates the de-comp mech ... so some people say the Tak KLX de-comp cams don't work too well on YX engines because of that fact ...

I hope the DHZ cams aren't a direct copy of the Tak cam ... and are designed to work with the stock YX cam sprocket ...

Those universal De-comp devices Pitster is selling look like a good idea since you can swap them from motor to motor fairly quickly ... as simple as changing a plug ...

But the price is a bit too steep (as always) for what they are ... If you have a few bikes , the cost gets too much ... 'Better to wait 'til the new "fad" wears off and the price drops to a more sensible level ...

At least with the de-comp cams you're theoretically getting more power plus easier starting for the money ...

Latest posts

Back