146cc BBK Problems.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude dont give up on it ...

ive had mine in pieces for 2+months and im still pursuing getting it going ... it will be good when it goes

what have you tried?
have you tried a thicker or twin base gasket?
shaved the top of the piston?

Dabomb.
The head gasket looks like it is not located properly on the dowells.It looks to be offset to one side.Looking at the gasket opposite the cam chain side the gasket appears to be encroaching on the cylinder bore.
Do us a favor and take a pic of the opposit side of the cylinder looking down at the piston crown [The top of the piston !]...You may find the piston crown is coming into contact with the head gaket causing the knocking sound !!
If the piston has been coming into contact with the headgasket there should be telltale marks on the Piston crown or the underside of the head gasket fire ring [The stainless steel sealing ring part of the head gasket !]

Hope this helps .
Cheers Brian Welcome To EAST 50s

Last edited:
wen i took the head off it didn't look like the pistion had hit the head gasket.
i spoke to Andrew at Big50 and he shed some light.
the oil gallery seal and metal ring must be removed (between the head and cylinder) because there is no recess for it to sit in.
also said that the tapping noise could be from the auto decomp on the stock cam.
going to get a metal head gasket from him

will take photos of piston and head gasket on weekend when i tear it down again.

Last edited:
also said that the tapping noise could be from the auto decomp on the stock cam.
QUOTE]

but the akunar cam don't have that and the thing about the oil gallery seal was in the post I linked, if you ever read that , Einstein!:p

Last edited:
see brother
ya just gotta ask the right people the right questions

and mountains right it was in that post

now wasn't the noise happening with the akuna cam in it ????

hey man,

ive had it running but ive got that tapping noise still.
it made good power and that when i rode it but ye.
its down in the shop gettin fixed at eastcoast50's atm.
urs runnin good?

i had it goin yestrday but it needs a mega tune and ii still cant ride cuz my bro stole my chain ahah ... guna get mine tuned by a mate probly this week

sweet as, i had 2 trim the bottom cooling fins to fit over the start motor!
hopefully mine will be done by mid week and will be all good 2 register.

hmmm was lookin at a genuine kehin PWK26 to match port, but mite just stick with the stock carby for now.

Latest posts

Back