155z running lights?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paton

Reaction score
G'day guys,

Just wondering if anyone new if the 155z motors have the correct magneto to run lights? At a first look i can find one spare wire tucked up in the frame but cant see the second.

The color of the wire is green/black if that helps?

Info on the DHZ site says its a Electronic Ignition system.

if it is compatible which i thought the 155z's were then there should be a thick yellow and thick white wire coming of the of the magneto...probly goes into the a plug then goes no where..

there may only be 1 yellow wire too.. just check mate

yeh ill have to pull the plastics and seat off to get a proper look. like i said the only spare wire i could see was a green/black wire. If your wondering, I'm trying to get my ass into gear and get rec reg (hence the lights)

Thanks for the reply mate

the wire in question wont be in the main harness.. it will probly just come straight out of the magneto area and go no where..

OK so i pulled the cover off and had a look at the magneto, i can't see any yellow and white wires coming off it so i guess i cannot run lights off this magneto?

here is a pic:

This is the only spare wire that i could find, ken from DHZ said this is the one used for lights but i am unsure, here is a pic:

Can someone tell us if i need to get a new magneto or i can make do with this one?

hmm not sure...

but can i see pics of your whole bike :)

or

make a new build thread for it?

lol yeh ill stick some up PBK once i put it all back together, painting i few bits and pieces of it this weekend so when i its all finished ill post some up, need to get some answers on this magneto so i can start getting some lights together

well it has a neutral indicator wire, would be pretty dumb if it couldn't power lights

ah ok, any clues on the spare red/green wire in the photo Rip?
or what wires to pick up from to run lights?

nah I don't think you can run lights, I just checked mine and it has neutral switch too :/ gay!
I you don't have yellow wires you got no chance, get a lifan ORK they a million times better anyway....

if you wanna be 110% sure you can't run lights, grab a torch and look through the hole in the flywheel and see if you have only 2 coil thingys like this pic, if you have a bunch of extra ones with copper wound round em then u can run lights
img0153g.jpg

Last edited:
they say to snip that neutral sensor switch and take out the mechanism and replace with bolt and washer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILvFDhWWdFE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILvFDhWWdFE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

whack a voltmeter across the wire and the chassis of the bike.

ok thanks guys ill look into all of your ideas once i get all the mudd off my bike from today lol i think i bought half of broady track home with me!

its easy to tell if your running a lighting stator or a stator that can be made to run lights

the green and red wire you took a pick off is the nutrel light switch , now where your main wire loom comes out off the motor take a look at the end where the white plug is , pull down the plastch sheeth and tell up what you have colour wise or take a pic is way better , if there is a yellow wire it will run lights just if it has a yellow and a white wire it will run lights easy , if it has niether off these , your rooted

lol thanks mate ill have a look during the week, i think im rooted from memory, as i didnt notice any yellow wires in the main loom

ok the 2 cables that run into the white plug are white/red and red/black

there are then 3 plugs one red/green another blue/white and green/white

need a better description ,, so from side cover how may wire come frome there and what colours are they

you will need to push the black plastic cover back to see the wires

tho it does sound like no lighting from this stator , but all is not lost , you can get the lifan adjustable stator from ken at dhz for i think 120 ,better system anyways

then you can run a light no batt needed , so for rec reg it works well ,will run a tail light and headlight from the motor ,

also ken is out off stock off these rotors till the end of the week

Latest posts

Back