160 ho problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20g

Reaction score
whilst out riding a bolt from out the top of my head has somehow rattled out... it seems to be the bolt the goes down from the top of the head to the oil resevoir.( its the bolt that is in the middle of the head to the side in between the four header bolts) i thought that maybe i could just put another bolt in which i have and she would be alright... kicked her over and she started running like ****.. just wondering if there is anything that may have been in there like a spring or something that may have flown out aswell.....

cheers

i think your talking about your oil line?
If so you need to use the proper banjo bolt that come out of it. they are hollow with holes in them to let the oil pass through them

if it was the banjo bolt for the oil line, make sure there is a washer on each side of the oil line where the bolt goes through.

Yeah it's not one of my oil lines as the oil lines run to the side of the head . Say you have the four header bolts going in through your head holding your head on there is a bolt on the very top of the head facing the front wheel (opposite side to the cam chain cover) that's on the top of the head thats come out not a oil line bolt... But the Bolt that has come out is coming out of the side that the oil lines run to.. If that makes sense

so does it runs parallel or horizontal to your piston? Can you post a pic, it will help a lot. I think the new garage part of this forum is up and running now, i'll try it out now.

If it is 90 degrees to the piston then it is probably the cam cove bolt which if i'm wrong someone will correct also goes into the cam? Some one else will confirm this as my engine is set up different to yours.

It runs verticle to the piston ( so if the piston could burst through it would hit the bolt ) I tried looking at my mates yx 150 head and they do not have a bolt there just seems to be the ho head if that helps I'll try get a pick up ....

Sounds like the cam cover bolt to me
125-01.JPG

is it one of the bolts on the side of the head like above?
well this is a gpx 125 but should look similar

Last edited:
i still say its for the de comp. there is a pin inside and it runs on the cam. when you kick it over it bleeds a bit of compression to help it to be easier to start. that's my understanding of it. stand to be corrected.

Sounds like the cam cover bolt to me
125-01.JPG

is it one of the bolts on the side of the head like above?
well this is a gpx 125 but should look similar
totally different engine tilt one. the ho don't have that side cover. the bolt Im sure he is talking about sits directly next to the oil feed line.

Yeah see the bolt above the spark plug well the bolt is inline with that but on the top of the head... I think dhz man might be right I found a little kinda like flute sorta thing that was hollow all the way through and was about 20mm long underneath my bike....

Na my head doesn't look like that either my bikes a motovert 160 2012 if that helps determine the engine head ect

i still say its for the de comp. there is a pin inside and it runs on the cam. when you kick it over it bleeds a bit of compression to help it to be easier to start. that's my understanding of it. stand to be corrected.

Yeah I reckon that it my be this... Is there a sites can buy these parts from?

Yeah I reckon that it my be this... Is there a sites can buy these parts from?

have a chat with tbolt and he will tel you what you need etc...

i personally think the decomp kit is a waist because if you kick it and it backfires you still risk smashing your crank case, ny fix for this is roll starting the bike...

Dude I just reinstalled my stock cam and did.not replace the spring and 20mm rod that the performance cam did not require, ran like a piece of crap. There is an anti kickback feature on the camshaft and this pin stops the cam from kicking back so to speak, until replaced it will not run, I'll go get a pic now and will look at work today for a replacement for you, no promises though

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

So i got some pics and i have 2 options for you, i am very happy to send you a 155z/160ho camshaft(2nd hand,the 1 in the pic)) that does not have the anti kickback feature and when installed i can guarantee that your prob will be fixed, or i can TRY and find what you need at work, okay so got the pics and this is what your missing,
20121020_092450.jpg

20121020_092709.jpg

20121020_092808.jpg

The cam in the pic is the one without the antikickback feature but the pin is lined up to where it would connect it if it was there
this little pin and spring is whats missing and causing you all your grief, let me know what way you want to go, im happy to let the cam go for postage only at no cost for the cam at all.
Actually PM your address and ill just send it(no cost to you at all), why you ask, because when i went down to get the pics and to loosen the bolt it was already loose and i had overlooked it at work, so your thread just saved me from reinstalling another cam and also breaking down in the middle of the bush, so i thankyou dude.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back