2 stroke , pit bikes???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah mate stay away from pitpro's they're rubbish, I've got a 140xr break it every time I ride it and I don't even jump it. I've spent so much cash on it upgrading and repairing that I could have bought a pitster x4r, instead I have an upgraded pitpro which is better than stock but still rubbish. I had the same attitude as you, I thought I'd just get a shit bike to start off on and get a better bike later, BIG mistake. If you can afford it get a good bike, especially if you wanna race, pitpro's would have no chance in hell of surviving racing and the suspension setup is shocking.

As long as the Pit Pro frame holds up you can replace everything else with better stuff ...

If Pitster sold genuine PITSTER parts for their bikes at a fair price then people on tight budgets could set about building one up over time ... IE you'd buy the frame first ... then pick whatever engine , carb and pipe you want to put in it ... then the forks , swingarm , shocks etc ...

As long as you've got the strong core of the bike ... everything else can be upgraded as it fails ... It'd definitely be better to buy a complete bike off the bat ... but not every young person can do that ...

What IS pretty stupid is how you still have to buy complete motors then toss the head , cam , cylinder , piston , carb , pipe etc away to fit upgraded TB etc parts ...

You'd think they'd be offering short motors from the factory by now (just a bottom end minus the junk bits) like they do with car engines ...

yep that would be nice cactus, I'm getting some GPX forks for my pitpro soon and I'd love to be able to get a pitster frame and swingarm too, it'd be a pretty good bike then.

Ok, My first prferance would be a pit bike, but I was also looking at getting cr, yz or rm or maybe a cr80 and racing that. I just think it would be more reliable on a honda or yahamaha ect, and more of a sport. How come you can't race pit bikes with othe mx bike, not 2 strokes? or is that just a stuped question?

Last edited:
yer cactus i dont understand that like pitster pro in america has it alls orted go on there website and you can buy every singe peice from a certain bike...you can even buy a pitster lxr frame, the linkage sytem and everything if pitster out here did that they would be rockin!!!

yeah another thing with pitster pro us is you can build your bike online, you can even by complete bikes minus engines....

Its all do able with Pitster Aus , they just dont have it on there site . just ask away there nice enough to do anything for a customer.

Yes , Pitster US finally realised that they're doin' themselves out of sales by stringently selling only complete new bikes ...

The only problem is that they'd have to price the parts proportionately ... not like Jap bike shops where you'd end up paying $30,000 or more for a $10,000 bike if you bought it in parts ...

well i think they should have it as an option too... what if someone snaps a frame or kills a swing arm...no ones going to write off a complete bike just cause they cant get major spare parts....
they ll more than likely change brands of bike...

They just havnt updated there site thats all..... just because its not there doesnt mean you can get it .

I emailed them about a frame a while back and got no reply ... It's not worth getting one from the US either ...

the only less maintenance they have is the fact you dont have to set the valves, they do however require you to change the rings earlier than what you would in a 4 stroke. all other maintenance is the same.
and its clear that you know nothing about what YOUR talking about regarding the overheating quicker.... why the fuk would they...

mate you need to shut your yappa, because your starting to sound very mentally challenged..

whats the height of a bike got to do with anything....do they race 14inch rear and 12inch rear bike in the same class do they...

and the statement regarding you and your mate at the track....its clear your mate cant ride for sht. cause theres no way in hell yr shtbox is going to beat a kx85...

oh and how very skillful you are quoting one sentence out of a paragraph.

if only i was that skillful.....tool

this quote is from thumpster the companydirectly from there website
"DEFINITION OF A PIT BIKE
Small kids motorcycle with upgraded suspension and engine for adult use."

i think all of those bike listed in old mates post fit this. it is restricted to wheel size. the category of race is defined by wheelsize/cc but honestly man read that definition a just have a think about it.

"its clear your mate cant ride for sht. cause theres no way in hell yr shtbox is going to beat a kx85..."

who gives a f*** if he ain't riding like ricky carmichael isn't the whole pitbike thing about have fun with your mates fanging around on a little bike??
just chill out mate

oh and f*** me learn so grammar

two stroke, more fuel comsume,more pollution, and bigger noise; four stroke, less noise,less pollution,save fuel, but two stoke more RPM and bigger power, anyway four stroke will beat two stroke in the future because four stroke can make bigger power either now

Latest posts

Back