2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my rear shock has died (it blew a seal and dropped all it's oil) does anyone know of a decent replacement that isn't atomik?

Good luck trying to get one that fits. Mine had the same problem not long ago, rang atomik and they said they werent gettting them in stock for about 6 weeks. If your looking for a replacement china brand one, theres a shop on ebay thats sells em, but they link to it a bit differently so it needs modification. If you want the name of that shop, PM me and ill tell ya when i get home from work. Cant check it atm.

Read the review... The shock off a Yamaha YZ-250F will fit (same length), but requires modification of the exhaust to clear the reservoir ;)

Also, from page 2: "a 96 Suzuki RMX 250 shock will also fit, but also needs work to the exhaust to fit..."

That's all the work I'm putting in for ya :p

Hi I just bought a blitz and have read through this thread and I recall reading about a replacement of the crappy stock oil filter but can't seem to find it again, can someone point me in the right direction please

Hey guys

thought i would put up a update of the blitz

through moving etc its just sat there and looks all sad. i have decided to pull my finger out and get it going again, when this was tunning it was a great bike so keen to ride it again. after going over the bike it need the following

carby
clutch cable
battery
kick start
front shocks
1/4 throttle

suggestions on what i should to when it comes to replacement parts and getting it runnin?

thanks guys

Kris

Hey guys

thought i would put up a update of the blitz

through moving etc its just sat there and looks all sad. i have decided to pull my finger out and get it going again, when this was tunning it was a great bike so keen to ride it again. after going over the bike it need the following

carby
clutch cable
battery
kick start
front shocks
1/4 throttle

suggestions on what i should to when it comes to replacement parts and getting it runnin?

thanks guys

Kris

Why does it need front shocks (forks)? Surely they could be brought back to life with a service...

Yeah im gonna give Hoey a call this week Tom has them rebuilt by them but they were not keen on rebuilding china shocks, ill give them a call and see what they say, its $240 for a new pair.

I was looking on the atomik website and they have everything i need on there are are very cheap also, just a lil worried about quality, my mate has a 2011 blitz and i have to say the quality is rubbisah compared to the 2008 model ill get some pics of its current state =)

pic of it a few months ago =)

63843_1531358957712_1046890238_1555442_1936231_n.jpg

Ok well i have priced up all the parts to get this running, and it gonna be over $600, suggestions? should i fix it? or just retire it and leave it be?

all good, the wife said we can use the tax cash to fix it up wooot =)

Loncin CB250CC Watercooled, Workshop Manual

Hi Guys, anyone know where i can get a Loncin CB250CC Watercooled Workshop Manual. thanks

Hi guys,

I have the 2010 atomik blitz and wanted to check if its the same as the 08 with the yz shock and linkage will bolt on??

Thanks

From looking at what Tom did with the blitz the rear shock doea not bolt on. From the looks of it he welded another bracket on there I'll take pics tomorrow mate

Thumps blitz is now retired, yellow plastics are back on and its a nice ornament in the shed =)

rear shock

So does any body know what rear shock and linkage would bolt right on for the 2010 blitz??

Cheers

This bike is taking up a lot of room, we are currently doing ip toms choppers and have stuff everywhere. Anyone in SA keen on the blitz PM me

Thanks

Kris

Atomik blitz engine

Does anyone know if the engine from the atomik blitz would fit the frame of the puzey xtr 250?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back