2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to see you read the entire thread mate... if you think you can get a CHEAPER 250 than what mine cost to modify, i dont like the chances of it's longevity... second hand 250 jap bike for $2400, or Brand New Blitz with my mods, for $2400... i know which ones quicker, and yes, that's been proven. I know which one rides and handles better, and that's been proven...

This thread started as a review, but turned into nearly two years worth of build-up, and how to turn the shittyBlitz, into an effective trail weapon... on a budget...

If you reckon you can take me on with a $2400 jap 250 traillie, and keep up, good luck to you sir... :p

I know it's not a 250, but I have a $2,600 '97 KLX 300 in the shed... Care to pit the super Blitz against it? :D

To be fair, I'll let you spend another $200 on the Blitz... Muahahaha!

*gives reps to thump* now ruining away from hillz
Thump = Awesome
Hillz = Homo Sausage
Hey thump,
just finished putting the 26mm oko flatside on my blitz. Billet 1/4 turn throttle also, went. To start her up and no bingo, barely turns over. I know for a fact that the jetting is way out, because I cleaned the spark plug, kicked her maybe ten times and the plug was black already. I can't figure out how to change the main jet though. I saw you were from adelaide, do you reckon you could give us a hand?? Or any ideas who I can take it to in Adelaide to get it tuned?
Yeah i know a bloke called Thump140 who seems to know his shit when it comes to OKO's and tuning Blitz's... if you PM him, he'll probably be able to organise a time to do some tuning.
Hey thump how did the 30mm oko end up going was it hard to tune did it make a big diff over the 26mm just wondering coz Im makeing a parts list of what I'll need when I get my bike so I can order all of it when I get my bike cheers
Have only tried the 30mm up the driveway, funds are down at present and i need to save up to have the RMX shock resealed before it's rideable, but the 30mm grabs revs a hell of a lot quicker, and barks a lot more than the 26mm... once i've ridden the thing tuned with the 30mm, i'll post results... might even dyno it..
your going down now, you will sign in one morning & BAM! Homo sausage for you :D
hear that Sunshine Kid, Hillz is offering up his "Homo Sausage" to you... careful now..
I know it's not a 250, but I have a $2,600 '97 KLX 300 in the shed... Care to pit the super Blitz against it? :D

To be fair, I'll let you spend another $200 on the Blitz... Muahahaha!
yeah, i'd give it a go... :) 97 KLX suspension and brakes arent quite a match for 99 YZF400 forks, 99 RMX250 shock and YZF brakes running Blitz oversize rotors...... might not have you on the motor, but i reckon i'd run rings around you handling wise.. :D

watch the vids mate, she moves quicker than expected... :D

gday lads,
ive read through this thread once before a while ago and i even summarised it onto a word document. i finally ordered my blitz and i was just wondering if anyone could give me a list of what yamaha front ends will fit onto the frame without mods, because im having trouble finding a front end.
cheers

yeah, i'd give it a go... :) 97 KLX suspension and brakes arent quite a match for 99 YZF400 forks, 99 RMX250 shock and YZF brakes running Blitz oversize rotors...... might not have you on the motor, but i reckon i'd run rings around you handling wise.. :D

watch the vids mate, she moves quicker than expected... :D

I've had a look at the vids, I'd certainly be interested to see... Especially once I firm up the suspension a little as it rides a little plush for my standards (I expect my kidneys to shoot out of my nose if I hit a berm the wrong way...) :)

Could be a nice little shoot out... When are you coming to Melbourne? :p

One more thing... Let's have a race to see who can register their bike the fastest, lol. That's the main reason I got the KLX, the missus will have something to ride to work when I've got her trained up off road :)

For my money, I'd go for a super-blitz, but I can't have everything I want (especially not when I'm spending her money on a toy for "her") ;)

gday lads,
ive read through this thread once before a while ago and i even summarised it onto a word document. i finally ordered my blitz and i was just wondering if anyone could give me a list of what yamaha front ends will fit onto the frame without mods, because im having trouble finding a front end.
cheers
Hey Sikko, pretty much all the 98-2000 YZF and YZ forks will fit onto the blitz without modification. Basically i'd go for the YZF stuff as opposed to the YZ forks, as the YZF forks will take the weight of the blitz a little better...
i found that you need the YZF forks, front wheel, and top triple clamp. You can use the blitz bottom triple clamp, the top is too small in diameter, but is of the same offset.. if you have the time and skills to find wheel bearings and hub spacers, you CAN use the blitz front wheel, and brake caliper... this gives you massively oversized rotors, and epic front brakes...
I've had a look at the vids, I'd certainly be interested to see... Especially once I firm up the suspension a little as it rides a little plush for my standards (I expect my kidneys to shoot out of my nose if I hit a berm the wrong way...) :)

Could be a nice little shoot out... When are you coming to Melbourne? :p

One more thing... Let's have a race to see who can register their bike the fastest, lol. That's the main reason I got the KLX, the missus will have something to ride to work when I've got her trained up off road :)

For my money, I'd go for a super-blitz, but I can't have everything I want (especially not when I'm spending her money on a toy for "her") ;)

ha ha, yeah that's why i went with MX suspension... you can hammer the front end into pretty much anything now and it soaks it up well.. rear end remains to be seen, but that will be revalved along with the reseal...
yeah for the money, if you like to tinker, can find the parts and have the time and dont need rego, it can be turned into something of a sleeper...

Rach88 is forcing me to come to melbs for a ride day i believe, so i may see if the BlitzKreig can accompany me, silence the doubters.. he he he

road trip sounds sweet as thumpa...

look forward to witnessing the sickness and putting the revMX up against the Cini :D ...
i'll have to hire a ringer to ride it for me tho :p

Rach88 is forcing me to come to melbs for a ride day i believe, so i may see if the BlitzKreig can accompany me, silence the doubters.. he he he

I'm not a complete doubter, I just want a chance to see that thing go... Perhaps I can get a friend or two along and let slip that it's "just a China bike" ;)

I'm afraid I'll keep ahead of you out of sheer pride... If I die trying though, you'll get the honour of scraping me off a tree :p

Couldn't turn it in to a ride week could you? :D

that would be a better plan naturally...

work it out for a week when a wonthaggi ride day is on.. the last one was outstanding mini's and big bikes was good for those that had both :D ... but the track did get rough after a few sessions of 450's rippin it up, it was still a great day ridin, i just had trouble walking the next few days :p

hmm... i've had my one week off per year already, but this is certainly a tempting plan.... i can juuuust carry six bikes in one hit with the ute and trailer...

would be good to bring the entire china arsenal along... Bring the '40 out of retirement, the REVMX155, the BlitzKrieg, the big block MiniBlitz that will basically shatter all dreams about which is the best handling CHEAP china pitty out there, the Thumpy, and maybe the YZF just so i can fire something in anger... he he he!!! hmm....

this is going to take some thinking and planning.... :)

Krazed mate, i think we'd both die trying, in the vain attempt to not let one bike better the other....

whoda thunk it that the MX battle of the year would be two shitbox traillies... ha ha ha!!!

Hey thump, could you chuck that healight wiring diagram up that you were talking about a while ago?? Also, where do you reckon I should get one from??

And also, just a quick note fellas, with the throttle cable, I went to east 50's on payneham road and they suggested some push bike gearing cable (1.2mm diameter - the same as what is on the blitz) and gave me a huge cable. It was almost a metre too long, make life easy! I cut the tip off the throttle end, and pulled enough through to make the threading the carby end easy as (2 minutes to get it in). After that, threaded the cable up through the bike, then it's just a case of shortening the outer (a bit of a b****) then fitting it to the throttle. Then getting the inner to the right length, soldering on a new end tip (I believe you can also get them from east 50's),, threading her through and hey presto! Nice neat throttle cable.

hey thump,
i was doing the exhaust mod to my blitz, and i noticed that at the end of the inner tube on the muffler there is a tip/nozzle that restricts the exhaust flow, would it be easier just to cut that off than to cut a whole 125mm off the entire muffler?

i think the 09 onwards blitzes have different mufflers to what the 07-08's did... mine was a straight through muffler, with a perforated core baffle...
I just cut the 125mm off the tail pipe end, and was done with it. Even with the straight through muffler, it is still overkill for the breathing capabilities of the bike...
Cut the 125mm off, you will notice far bigger improvements than just removing the baffle... Cutting the muffler down makes no difference in appreciable volume either...

Krazed mate, i think we'd both die trying, in the vain attempt to not let one bike better the other....

whoda thunk it that the MX battle of the year would be two shitbox traillies... ha ha ha!!!

Hehe, haven't checked this thread in a while... I think you're right there, would be an epic battle, most likely ending in an air ambo ride for one (or both) of us :angel:

Mind you, I'm up for chancing it... I have an unerring ability to be the bastard who crashes horrible and gets up giggling :p

I crashed coming into a heavily rutted corner in a pine forest about 8 years ago... Usually just railed around it but didn't go so well that day. My mate was right up my arse, the look in his eyes as he shot off into the trees performing an impromptu jump off my bike in an effort not to run me over still haunts me to this day :faint:

Latest posts

Back