2008 Atomik Blitz 250 review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drew the custom manifold i made was out of necessity, as i needed to re-direct the angle the carby ran down the bike, due to using the RMX250 shock... (Piggyback shock reservoir is on the other side, when compared to the blitz shock...)
So now my carby runs down the right hand side of the bike... wouldnt work on yours, unless you also change shock... :)

not too sure about the hands free units... when i used to work on sheep stations, we had speaker and mic sets that were integrated into our helmets, and ran to a hand held UHF mounted to the bars... mind you, they were hand built by a cluey bloke who worked there that was good with electrics... very effective though... Tandy or Dick Smith might be able to supply you with parts to make something similar???

I just bought a blitz yesterday new for $1025, bloody bargin. with the greasing and the locktite can you get away with doing the outside bolts and stuff or do u have to open her up?

nah the engine internals dont need any attention, unless you're a big lad, and plan on flogging the clutch mercilessly in tight terrain or deep sand...
But if you can get to it with a spanner or allen key, tighten it up...
Great price too, that's the cheapest one i've heard of... Time to start modding it up matey.... ;)

haha cheers mate, any major things i would be best to mod before i go for a bush bash on it??

nah, just make sure everything is tight, and have a look at your fuel line to make sure it's running in a "downhill" direction from tank to carby... it is known to pull a few Blitzes up with fuel starvation...

There's heaps of mods in this thread to keep you busy, but for your first ride, i'd say your good to go in standard form... :)

question about the spark plug

gday well i got the blitz 250 and it cranks but doesnt start there is no spark gettin to the plug any suggestions there is a new racing C.D.I unit on it aswell (dnt no if it is the problem

quite possibly... Those "racing" CDI's dont always have the correct pin-outs on them... make sure your wire colours match, if the wires are all different colours, may pay to get a new "stock" CDI, and start from scratch... process of elimination..

No Spark

quite possibly... Those "racing" CDI's dont always have the correct pin-outs on them... make sure your wire colours match, if the wires are all different colours, may pay to get a new "stock" CDI, and start from scratch... process of elimination..

Hey damo i had the same problem with mine a couple of weeks ago. The prob turned out to be a short in the kill switch. moved it around a bit bingo fired again.

Finished Blitz

Thanks to this forum!
Mods:
New Racing CDI
OKO 26mm Pod Filter
Shortened Muffler
WR 400 Shocks and Top Clamp
WR 400 front wheel
Acerbis YZ Plastics
Pro Taper Bars
Billet 1/4 Turn Throttle (orginal cable)
bar risers
Rec Rego
Ego Barkbusters
Pollaris Head Light

Attachments

• Bike 001.jpg
    Bike 001.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Bike 002.jpg
    Bike 002.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 68
looks fantastic pc27. getting mighty tempted to buy a Blitz and do the upgrades i've been reading about in this great mini forum. putting my 125 bigfoot's rear end back togeather tomorrow - heres hoping it works. other wise a Blits might be on the cards.

my blitz is now assembled and running, just waiting on the weekend now so i can take it 4 a spin.
im realy happy with the quality of the bike, for that price you expect it to be made out of wood.
im 15 years old and to me it seems a bit on the tall and heavy side but it should be a good laugh.
and earlier in the forum you said that the brake fluid is not the best, do u think it will be ok for one 5-6 hour ride? or is it that bad

It'll be fine. Make sure though you change it to some good DOT3-DOT4 brake fluid:
- Castrol Brake Fluid - Dot 3, 500mL - Supercheap Auto
- Castrol Response Brake Fluid - Dot 4, 500mL - Supercheap Auto

You'll have to bleed the brakes:
- YouTube - Pitbike brake bleeding

Don't know if you've been through this but you'll want to change your oil aswell. Like straight away. I don't know what thump*140 uses on this bike but I put This in both my pittie and big bike:
- Shell Advance 4T Motorbike Oil - 15W-40, 1 Litre - Supercheap Auto
- Castrol Activ 4T Motorbike Oil - 15W-50, 1 Litre - Supercheap Auto

ok cheers mate, also one thing im not too sure about is the forks. they look like a pretty weak design to me. the axle is not bolted through the bottom of the forks, it has a clamp that is coming off the front of the forks. looks like if you hit a bump or a jump the clamp would break off.

BILD0672.jpg

^^^that design is pretty standard these days with jap and quality china forks, altho that setup above could do with a bit more meat on the top side of the clamp area

Hey i bought a Kuda Pro, and the exhaust is shit as. its got a baffle which cant be removed easily so i wanna buy a new one but it cant be one that just slides on ( if u get what i mean). I need one that will go on like this without a baffle and will have a nice note. Sorry for the crap drawing LOL....

shitmuffler.png

ok mate. do you think them axle clamps will hold over jumps, or should i stay away from them.

rog can you get a pic of your bike? those forks are a fair bit different than the forks i've seen on other blitzes... the design is called a leading-axle fork... been standard on bikes for decades now... axles look a lot thicker than the older blitzes too...
YZF front end is the best fix for these bikes.

yea no probs thump. i got a few photos, i dont know if its a 09 model or 2010.
BILD0673.jpg

BILD0675.jpg

BILD0677.jpg

BILD0678.jpg

BILD0681.jpg

BILD0684.jpg

BILD0686.jpg

yeah those are most definately a new type of fork on ur Blitz... maybe Atomik actually listened to criticism and decided to improve the bike... Ha!, nah, they wouldnt do that...
The shock on yours is also different to the older bikes, if it's anything like the last one, it should be ok, but the quality isnt great.. once they start leaking, they're a throw away item....
How does the fork action feel on yours? the old ones were terrible... harsh and clunky, hopefully the new ones are a little better than the old model... i see the Blitz is also running KTM style fork guards now, as opposed to the yamaha copy items they used to...

oh one last thing, you have your hand guards on the wrong sides.. he he. :)

yea both forks and shock feel great to me, but this is the first full size bike i have had so i cant really compare them to another bike.
its a pain that u cant get the shock fixed when it brakes.
i noticed the KTM style fork guards. i wonder if they have changed anything else on the blitz.
will have to change them hand guards befor anyone else notices haha ;)

dont know if anyone else found this when assembling the bike but those little chinks seem to really like putting their bolts in cross threaded.

im taking the blitz to a mx track next weekend, i will have to get a few pics and vids.
will post them on here next week with a few words on how it handled a track.

Latest posts

Back