2008 Pitpro Lifan 125 Neutral start Compression problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathRider

Reaction score
Hi all, so a few weeks ago I was riding my pit bike when suddenly when I was riding in every gear it was just screaming in every gear and not going anywhere, So I check the oil and it was bone dry, stupid of me to check! their was a little bit of smoke coming out so I turned it off straight away and put it in the ute, lucky i installed the oil cooler and it was nigh time! When I got home I straight away filled the oil up to where it should be. The next day I start it, it starts 2nd kick cold and I go for a ride, then it starts doing the same thing with the loss of power and basically not going anywhere in every gear, so I go home to show my dad and he asks me to start it up and show him, so when I tried to start it, their was no compression in the kickstart at all to the point I flooded it. We then waited for it to stop flooding so we push it without the clutch in 1,2,3,4 gear and it has plenty of compression and resistance. After about 20 mins we thought we'd kick it over and it started first kick so we turned it off to take it across the road and test ride it. When we try to start it again, it has no compression at all, then we waited a few minutes and attempted to start it and it had compression in the kickstart for a few kicks and then had none what so ever. Anyway, about two more times of waiting we got it started and when we rode it it wasn't doing that lack of power anymore. What could be the problem? It is not seized since it still starts. Valve clearances? Clutch not adjusted properly? Or could the oil not of ran through the whole engine yet causing things to not be lubricated properly? Cheers ( Sorry for this long article :p)

The kicker drives through the clutch, I'm guessing you fried the clutch plates when you ran it low on oil (that would explain the smoke). When a clutch set up like this is slipping, you'll notice it most when kicking it over. Try adjusting the clutch first, if no joy then replace the clutch plates

Thx ill have a look tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back