2008 Snow season

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Word ....I know most of the top free skiiers... Hassart ,Boothy,Blundell,Woody ,cheech and heaps I've forgotten ....all the boarders as well.....I been filmin and shootin down here for a decade I should know most of em .And at the top level there IS NO skieer snowboarder thing ....they feed off each other ....where do you think the new progression in skiing is coming from ???? Who brought rails n boxes and grabs into the mix ???

SNOWBOARDERS silly

Where did the radial cut on those cool new twin tips ya runnin come from ???

Snowboarders

Who do the best skiiers in the country ride with ????

That's right snowboarders .

So my two cents is ....once you get to a certain level of either discipline the "snowboarder /skiier thing simply doesn't apply anymore .

The skiiers n boarders I ride with inspire and push each other which is how ya become a better rider or skiier .

For the record I rew up skiing but I haven't strapped a set of planks on for years ....as a surfer there simply is no choice.... I board because I grew up on a sk8ter and a surfboard end of story.:cool:

I totally agree.

When you get to a certain level it doesnt bother you. I dont mind Boarding with Skiers. As long as they arnt too good, (good for tow on the flat spots aswell). Same here grew up sk8 Boarding, Wake boarding, and Surfing so boarding at the snow was always the option.

Love it and dont really have time for the haters. I can see where skiers get pissed off but. Us boarders do tent to be pretty sporadik with our turns compaired to them. I dont even mind the old SKi spoon in the lines provided they are female and not to bad looking (cant really tell with all that gear on anyway ;))

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Word ....I know most of the top free skiiers... Hassart ,Boothy,Blundell,Woody ,cheech and heaps I've forgotten ....all the boarders as well.....I been filmin and shootin down here for a decade I should know most of em .And at the top level there IS NO skieer snowboarder thing ....they feed off each other ....where do you think the new progression in skiing is coming from ???? Who brought rails n boxes and grabs into the mix ???

SNOWBOARDERS silly

Where did the radial cut on those cool new twin tips ya runnin come from ???

Snowboarders

Who do the best skiiers in the country ride with ????

That's right snowboarders .

So my two cents is ....once you get to a certain level of either discipline the "snowboarder /skiier thing simply doesn't apply anymore .

The skiiers n boarders I ride with inspire and push each other which is how ya become a better rider or skiier .

For the record I rew up skiing but I haven't strapped a set of planks on for years ....as a surfer there simply is no choice.... I board because I grew up on a sk8ter and a surfboard end of story.:cool:

Funny you mention Woody bouma, he grew up round my area in Austi, NSW south coast surfing but he didn' t just have to snowboard cause he was a surfer. His Dad was my geography teacher. I guess thats why woody lives in Val d'Isere cause there is too many try hard snowboarders here in Oz. i grew up surfing and im a skier.

i dont hate snowboarders, Just the try hard ones. They buy bagy pants and all of a sudden they are king shit. have done a season in japan and france and most of the boarder guys are cool. They are more humble about it(even the guys who are good) cause they don't surf, and when they try snowboarding they don't act as if they should be good cause they surf. I think thats the problem here.

Man i love starting this war, need something to do if im not riding my pitty or sking.

Well mate you obviously don't know Woody that well... if ya did you'd know that he rides a board sometimes ....almost as well as he skiis ...ask anyone that knows him and yes he even rides on one in Val d'Isere when it's on ....and he goes there for the snow not to escape d@ckheads .

As for the wanker try hard thing ....yeah they are in any sport but they just make me laugh ...I sure as sh@t don't hate em ......if anything I feel sorry for em :cool:

As for the war ???

Good luck :cool:

xl large gear is the shit , looks steez. Without baggy gear snowboarding would still be in the planet x days ( boarder cross oh god) .
Isn't no war between monoskiers and skiers , just a few dickhead who don't understand its all about fun and are too busy cramming their $98 worth of day lift passes out of the resort. Just relax , you will have more fun.

Well mate you obviously don't know Woody that well... if ya did you'd know that he rides a board sometimes ....almost as well as he skiis ...ask anyone that knows him and yes he even rides on one in Val d'Isere when it's on ....and he goes there for the snow not to escape d@ckheads .

As for the wanker try hard thing ....yeah they are in any sport but they just make me laugh ...I sure as sh@t don't hate em ......if anything I feel sorry for em :cool:

As for the war ???

Good luck :cool:

ok, ok
For sure he rides a board, and but you dont see him in comps on it, serious comps anyway.
Look i will have to tell all you guys my secret shame, Yes even me when i was a little lad starting off, i started.......(wait for it, give me some time here)

A SNOWBOARD... yes its true, i snowboarded for 7 years, its finaly come back to haunt me..

yeah i know there's no real war between boarders and skiers, just the one's i start hahahah, if i had some real issues with snowboardes i would move to utah in the states where the resort, Deer Valley have had a 20 year ban on boarders and not a border in sight.
Now there are some people with some issues...

on a more serious note, is anyone going in or curently in the thredbo freeride comp?

Latest posts

Back