2008 Snow season

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, if only Australian skiers and boarders know how much they are getting ripped off by Packer. The lift tickets are close to 100 bucks and then you have fuel cost to pay, for a sydney bloke to go to the mountain for a weekend is gona cost him around 500 bucks. Man its really not worth it, save your money and go to japan or NZ. At least youre not riding that poo they call man made snow. Coming back from a season in japan i was paying 40 bucks a day (aus bucks) to ski from 8am to 9:30pm, yes thats right, 6 months in one of the snowyest places in the world and you're sking powder under lights after a days worth sking. And not just toe nail deep like they get here once in a blue moon, but knee to waist deep. 10 days sking in japan will set you back $2200, everything included. just think, thats just 4 weekends of not sking man made shit and saving ya dosh.
I'm just pissed at the price hike thats all, or mabye i justneed to have a summer after all these years to defrost.

Oh yeah, boarders suck, skiers look so much shit hot in the air.
How dose a boarder normally introduce themselves on the slopes?
"sorry about that, are you ok?"

Hey Guys

hope your keen,

its been raining all night and all day down here in vic (i live 1.5 hours from falls and Hothem)

looks like the forcest is good for this week, ill be heading up to falls Sat for the day if the snow keeps falling this week.

MZR360, i agree snow in AUS is shit compaired to Japan Canada US. but itll cost alot more to head over there.
On the other hand, i Skied Canada for 2 months and some of the best snow ive seen was at Falls in Victoria Last year. snowed about a foot for 3-4 days straight early in the season and got to Sat and drove up for the day. Even picked up some hitch hikers who paid for my petrol HAHA!

fortunatly for me i can just go for the day so its never shit just wait till friday if its snowing like crazy i just go. Sucks if you have to plan so far in advance.

Last edited:
threddas got 15 cents today up top...but it's still mud at the bottom:rolleyes:

this could get ugly bout the skier/boarder verdict, but personally i think that skiing is just plain gay, it looks wack and alot easier to do your knee in

also with the beginner boarders, i have had just as many skiers stack it into me, try to hit me etc, i think it is all in your head mate

Why try and spark the argument then?

Its been raining down here in Wangaratta for 3 days 13-15 cm at falls and hotham. Cant wait to hit falls on Sat.

Friends went last weekend and said it was awsome.

i went last season at around the end of july...

let me tell you thats been the best snow season weve had

alot of natural snow...not man made ice

it was great going from top of the mountain right to the bottom in good snow....

i went the year before that aswell....let me tell you that was a shocking season...we couldnt pick our own lines because there was only one way to get to the bottom ahah

i went last season at around the end of july...

let me tell you thats been the best snow season weve had

alot of natural snow...not man made ice

it was great going from top of the mountain right to the bottom in good snow....

i went the year before that aswell....let me tell you that was a shocking season...we couldnt pick our own lines because there was only one way to get to the bottom ahah

I agree best snow ive seen in AUS was late July 07, the year before that was the worst year ive ever seen and to add to it id been in Canada for 2-3 months boarding. comeing home to the worst season yet sucked.

Now it's dumping in jindy :D :D :D .... looks like ya gunna score bigtime unit.Don't know if I can make it up for a slide next week but I'll pm ya my number feel free to give us a buzz I'll be in and outta town....looks like ya got perisher pretty sussed but I might be able to show ya a couple lines ya don't know yet .... oh yeah brownie has a BIG flat down in his backyard the boys will be sessioning this week if you are keen give us a buzz.

As for my best season ??? without a doubt 2000 the olympics were on in sydney NO ONE was down here...it just kept snowing Guthega was all time .

late july 07 was my best snow season here in Oz

but let me tell you in 06 it was the worst season ever by far! hardly any natural snow....only the hard ice what they call "snow"

This is my first snow season im going to miss for about 5 years:(

Last edited:
I feel for you missing out on the snow this year.

Down here at Falls we have had 67cm snow since monday!

41cm last night and still dumping and im heading up the mountain tommorow.

dislocated my shoulder , preety sweet. Good times though Thredbo was pumpin hard yesterday good tree lines through black salless good to venture outside of the park for once.

Goin down again in a few weeks if anyone wants to tee up for a shred!!!

Dready sorry I didnt ring you , didnt get your pm in time

Went up the mountain just for the day yesterday, Falls Creek was insane, so much snow, crazy. Once or twice fog come over and you couldnt see much but everyone up there said it was the first day in a week the sun come out so i was so happy.

Cant wait to head up again, probally Hothem just for the day around second weekend of August.

Whats Buffalo like compaired to Falls or Hotham? little further away from me but im guesing its close for Melbourne peoples? might have to hit that for a day aswell.

herd Buffalo where going to put in a effort to make a really decent park this year as it close to the bourne.
I got tickets on this being a late season!!!!

this could get ugly bout the skier/boarder verdict, but personally i think that skiing is just plain gay, it looks wack and alot easier to do your knee in

also with the beginner boarders, i have had just as many skiers stack it into me, try to hit me etc, i think it is all in your head mate

And SO the war begins, Moahahahahaha.

looks gay?? have you seen two boarders go up the t-bar together? no matter which positon you guys like it its still very gay. Forward or from behind.

Yeah youre right about skiers just trying to hit you, problem is you go too slow.
Whats the best day a skier could have? The powder?, snowing all night and a sunny day the next?, no lift lines?... No its none of these things, its how many snowboarders you can hit because to me thats what skings all about.

( dont take it to heart all of my mate's snowboard cause its the cool thing to do, we have this sort of war on the way to the snow feilds, gives you something to talk about on the way down .)

I dont see how snowboarding is cooler than sking , a mong skier looks just as bad as a mong snowboarder. Some of my best riding crew a free skiers , got the nicest style in the parks and where all the baggy shit.
I hate how if you start snowboarding you instantly think your steez , soooo many people should just ski instead of snowboard as they are better suited to it. Sick of all the fads running through snowboarding , every one used to be hell gangster now its indy or electrode looking gear ( flruo's) , far out get some individuality goin
It pisses me off that there is still a conflict between skiers and snowboarders , every just needs to have fun and stop trying to be all hard.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Word ....I know most of the top free skiiers... Hassart ,Boothy,Blundell,Woody ,cheech and heaps I've forgotten ....all the boarders as well.....I been filmin and shootin down here for a decade I should know most of em .And at the top level there IS NO skieer snowboarder thing ....they feed off each other ....where do you think the new progression in skiing is coming from ???? Who brought rails n boxes and grabs into the mix ???

SNOWBOARDERS silly

Where did the radial cut on those cool new twin tips ya runnin come from ???

Snowboarders

Who do the best skiiers in the country ride with ????

That's right snowboarders .

So my two cents is ....once you get to a certain level of either discipline the "snowboarder /skiier thing simply doesn't apply anymore .

The skiiers n boarders I ride with inspire and push each other which is how ya become a better rider or skiier .

For the record I rew up skiing but I haven't strapped a set of planks on for years ....as a surfer there simply is no choice.... I board because I grew up on a sk8ter and a surfboard end of story.:cool:

Latest posts

Back