2009 pitpro 125rr

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have the fastace your talking about on my pitpro and it works well. im about 95kgs and it holds me fine. my new mso comes with the dnm shock and it is a far better shock. contact linda from mso if your keen they will look after you

PitPro 125cc RR

Hey guys

Just a question. I am 14 years old and really want a motorbike. Didnt want to spend over $1000 so Ive ended up at the PitPro 125cc RR.

I have seen many bad reviews on them stating that their parts break very often. I just want a bike that I can tear around in my paddock. I weigh about 45kg so that shouldnt be an issue.

Im just asking for someone to tell me whether its worth $880 at Welcome to East 50s
By the way I live in adelaide and that website is a shop in Adelaide.

I wouldnt be a rider who is stupid and doesnt take care of their bike. I want a bike that will last a reasonable time but as I said I wont go too hard on it.

Its my first bike!!!

Cheers, Mitch. :)

yea mate go for it, my lil bro got one and hasn't had any problems, he hasn't had a big crash yet tho :p
at that price you could most likely get them to chuck in a unifilter and some decent grips (at least)

mate i am 90kgs and i own a 125rr pitpro.. never misses a beat...

only pro was the normal fork seals and wheel bearing other then that.. love it :)

DvDRip, how much would the unifilter and grips be worth together?
or would I be better off asking for a discount instead of some throw ins?
sorry im a bit new to the whole motorbike thing so just wondering what does a unifilter do?
cheers, Mitch :)

unifilter is way less restrictive than the cheap china filters and is made out of a strong material so it'll last you a hell of a lot longer than the china ones, pretty much everyone puts unifilters on their minis for those reasons.
unifilter n grips are only worth like $45 all up, but you need both of these (stock grips are shithouse too). just talk to the guy and see what you can work out, you might be able to get some pro tapers or something thrown in (stock bars fold like cheese).

protapers are about $80-$90, you're better off getting them straight away so you don't get stuck in the bush with your bars bent all over the place like I did.

You'll find that. By the time you get better bars, grips, tyres and shock to make it decent to ride, it cost around the same as a MSO 140s. I realised this and now I went out and ordered a 140s. I am lucky as I can sell my pitpro locally for a decent price cause the local bike shop has them for a rediculous $1350. I realised that all the money I was spending on the pitpro can be spent on a better bike with better quality parts and a faster motor. If your patient you can pick up the parts through the classified section cheaper as they pop up. I think there is a pair of pro tapers on there at the moment along with a heap of other parts from the same seller. Just make sure there not bent.

Alright, you just gave me an idea.
At the East 50's shop there were two bikes I was looking at.
The 125 RR and the 125 R
The 125 RR is $880 but the 125 R is about $200 extra
The R has better rear suspension, better tires, oil cooler and some other little things I forget.
Maybe I should just pay the extra $200 for the R?
Whats your opinion? :confused:
Oh and all bikes are sold with 3 month warranty and a spare parts kit.

Cheers, Mitch.

Mitch I am in a similar position as you! I also am looking at getting a pitpro 150 from East 50s.

What I cant deside between is the PP 150 or the PP 150XR!?!?!?

From what I know they are the same BUT the XR has better shocks.

Heres the links to them
150 PITPRO 150cc
150XR XR150cc

Does anyone know of any other differences??? Because When I get either one I will be upgrading the suspension both front and rear. So if the only difference is the shocks then is it worth gettng the 150, saving the extra money and buying better parts with it?
Heres the link to the suspension page. Suspension & Drivetrain Which front and rear shocks should I be getting. Im not quite prepared to spend 800 on Zoccies, but the fast Ace forks look good. But is Fast Ace rear shocks better or the DMN ones??

Cheers, Shing!

I will also be getting protapers, unifilter and grips first.

DNM kills fastace
the 150xr has better tires, levers and I'm sure there's other things that make it better, it might be worth calling them and asking about it. plus it's a klx style bike so it's much larger.
I think you'd be better off going with the none xr model and upgrading the suspension and tires because it's crf style bike, it's smaller and easier to handle and klx style bikes have really REALLY bad plastiks, it takes ages to get them on/off while the crf bikes have 4 bolts and then you lift the seat off with all the plastics attached , which makes it heaps easier to work on your bike and you have a heaps better selection of sticker kits

Thanks for the help and advice DvD!

Well I would rather buy locally and im not sure about ordering such a large item over the internet and having it posted. I would rather just be able to go out with the cash in hand and take home a bike.

-I was thinking about replacing the throttle with a red billet joker 1/4 turn.
-I dont mind about levers, but will replace them with billet red ones when the stockers break.
-Protaper black bars.
Lever, throttle and bars link: H/Bars & Controls
-I will get the DNM rear shock and the FASTACE AS01 shock, Or is the AS02 shock better (it was cheaper so I didn't think it was)
-Will eventually upgrade wheels with DID chain and decent brand tyres. Suspension & Drivetrain I will get the red hub wheels with a set of decent tires and will also put on a rim lock.
-Get a unifilter with the bike

I think thats everything. How does that look for the first mods?

I am thinking that if i walk into the shop with 1800 or so cash I might get a good deal on the bike and most of the parts I want to get with it.

Do you realise after all that is done you would have been able to afford a motovert?
aside from that it sounds like a good plan and after all those upgrades you'll most likely have a killer bike (but still nowhere near as good as a vert). and If you go down there and talk to them about it I'm sure they'll do a good deal for ya.
What kind of riding are you into? trails or MX? if it's trails I'd change the gearing for more speed but if it's MX I'd have a real good look at the frame to make sure it doesn't have any weak spots.

I'm more into trails, but with this type of bike I think I will be trying some jumps here and there. But I dont think I would play around with the gearing too much.

Here is the complete list of bikes they stock Bike Sales
Depending on how much money I can come up with I might actually get a pitster pro or a motovert.
Lol, yeh I just figured out after I posted that exactly how much it will cost. I will have to talk to the guy at the store about it more.

I'll tell you what I come up with.

Latest posts

Back