2011 Australian Minimoto Title Entry Forms

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope its going to be a big 'other' class :D
Less challengers for me!

What bike are you riding? throw me some stat. i think i will have to ride with you in open class as my Daytona head is Japanese.

Taiwanese made is still Chinese made ... anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot ...

RACE TUNNED 18PHBG WTF is that ? ... Pig Hog Bang Grunt ? ...

where did you get that line from? to put you out of your misery its a delorto 18mm carby for pocket bikes.

yeah guys im pretty sure TB V2's will be in "pro Rep" class.

its a fun day anyway. the great organizers of the event are all about fun and riding anyway. im sure they will put all the TB V2s in the china class and possibly me as well. They have created the 'open' class for this event so people with that kinda of bike now have the option to participate in motard. the 'chinese' class is where the sport originated from here in Aus and that is why china is class A and open is class B. open is a support class if you like. so we have been racing our own single class here in VIC for a while now with pitbikes with V2's my DOHC and what ever so that is how i imagine the whats now call replica class will be guided.

not that its going to matter because we all know that the pro riders are going to most likely take out the titles.

i think catus is wrong , maybe your thinking about hong kong ?
which is chinese controlled
the rules say must be" made in china "
i think that put tb out of stock class .

Reading the rules in plain and reasonable language from my view would mean that it must be made in china and Taiwan is not part of china.
However the general option of a reasonable person is that it is still "Chinese" made, although made in Taiwan.

But it is up tot he official scrutineer and course clerk to made the distinction and have the final say.

Thats the lawyer in you interpreting words again dave.

i am finding out a answer for you guys from the horses mouth. im also trying to find out whether you can enter your chinese bike in open to get more track time. because if you read the rules it says and i quote rule 5.14

5.14 Bike and engine may be of any country of origin, (outside of China). e.g - Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, KTM, BBR, Takegawa etc

Class 5 / A – Chinese 4 stroke Example - Motovert, PitsterPro, Thumpstar, DHZ etc
5.1 Capacity: As mentioned above 4 stroke only.
5.2 Bike (frame), Engine, barrel and head must be Chinese manufacture.
5.3 Engine must be horizontal design.
5.4 Engine work unlimited (up to capacity for specific classes).
5.5 Fuel must comply with 2011 GRC 15.5.01
5.6 Engines may be air/oil cooled only, (no water cooled).
5.7 Gear box maybe used.
5.8 Maximum wheel base: 1250mm
5.9 Frames: To be open cradle design/construction.
5.10 Maximum wheel size 12” front and 12” rear.
5.11 Treaded or slick road tyres must be used.
5.12 No combustion enhancers such as NOS may be used and all bikes must be naturally aspirated.

Class 5 / B – Open 2 and 4 stroke Example - Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, KTM, BBR, Takegawa etc
5.13 Capacity: As mentioned above.
5.14 Bike and engine may be of any country of origin, (outside of China).
5.15 Engine may be horizontal or vertical design.
5.16 Engine work unlimited (up to capacity for specific classes).
5.17 Fuel must comply with 2011 GRC 15.5.01
5.18 Engines may be air/oil or water cooled. The only coolant permitted is water (as per GRC 15.2.1.5).
5.19 Gear box maybe used.
5.20 Maximum wheel size 12” front and 12” rear.
5.21 Treaded or slick road tyres must be used
5.22 No combustion enhancers such as NOS may be used and all bikes may be naturally aspirated or EFI.

Last edited:
The point is that rule makers come up with crud reasons/excuses to lower the performance level of 4 strokes ... just like how the Yanks try to block out CRF150R's in the 85 class ...

It's a load of **** pull ...

Looking at the rules in the previous post ... they're fair ...

Last edited:
Sorry Dave, being around lawyers all day and studying law subjects sometimes it comes out that way, as it seems the most logical words to say that are to the point.:confused-smiley-014

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I have sent off the question to the Motard guys who have written the rules and I hope to get a response before the weekend.

To the question about can a China bike run up to another class that is higher, the answer is YES.
E.G. Bikes entered into 5A can also run in 5B to get extra track time, YES.

I have received the okay for the Tawainese made TB V2, they will be allowed.
If a part is made in China or Tawain they will be allowed as the quality is very simular.

If a part is made in China or Tawain they will be allowed as the quality is very simular.

you have been very miss informed then.. tawainese parts are usally far superior

you get a chinese scooter & race it against a tawainese one

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone Daz. :grinning-smiley-003

Any further questions about what is or isn't allowed you may contact the president of CQ Minimoto Chris Jones, who is the one who is making all decisions on any thing Motard for the titles.
M 0417 794 793
[email protected]

Well it's great to see that common sense prevails in Aus ...

Does anyone know where i can buy a set of CST slicks from? i cant get any response from DHZ and i need them quickly so they are fitted ready for the Titles.

Latest posts

Back