2012 DHZ DPRO 160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawasaki250

Reaction score
Hi guys, thought i would do my own review on my new DHZ couldnt find all that much about them when i bought it, hopefully it will help somebody make a decision :)

I purchased this bike from Aitkens motorcycles in Campelltown, sydney. The bike was allready together and brand new, paid a bit more money than from dhz direct, for ease of knowing it was a working bike, and i could see it in person.

Engine: Pitsterpro 160, 6 plate Z160HO
Overall I was very suprised with the engine, after breaking it in it really came to life, loads of torque for a little engine, and really gets going, I can pull it up on the back wheel 1st,2nd&3rd no worries. The gearbox seems fine, havent had a problem with slipping out of gear. Starts first or second kick everytime, the only problem i had was idling issues from the low speed mixture being too lean. Just a few things to pick on would be the access to the carby, i had to unbolt the carby each time and swing it around to get to the mixture screw to tune it, quite a pain! But its going fine now.
Overall 9/10 :)

Frame And Suspension
The frame is a chromolly twin tube cradle, and the build quality looks pretty good, and feels pretty strong. The rear suspension is pretty average, "Fast&Slow" settings on the rear shock are pretty useless, and the shock itself is pretty stiff, but you get used to it. The same goes for the Front forks, No adjustment, and are stiff, but you do get used to it.
Overall Frame: 9/10. Suspension: 6/10

Brakes & Controls
The front and rear brakes are relativaley good, stopps fine. And control is good enough to kinda do stoppies :coolthumb:
The throttle, feels fine and snapps back perfectly. clutch is smooth and has a good feel.
Overall controls: 7.5/10

Changes & modifications
I knew when i bought this bike it wasnt going to be of KTM or TM quality... so i just have a few things i did the bike pretty much straight away.
Firstly I drained the oil after the first 10 minutes or riding, and replaced it with a decent 20w40 mineral oil for running in, then later 20W40 synthetic oil after run-in.
Also drained and Bled the water out of the master cylinders (I dont think it was accually water, but it was clear, and diddnt resemble brake fluid in smell or looks haha) I also had to screw the spark pulg cover/connector back on and put a cable tie where there wasnt one. Went over every nut and bolt and put loctite on any necessary bolt or screw, and tightened the spokes. After i first started to ride it, i decided to take the baffle out, and make some noise (like any man would do) and found that it went 100x better, the baffle/spark arrestor is really a massive restriction on the engine, i advise taking it out, not for the noise, but for the extra power, it was really quite suprising!

Overall i Am quite happy with this bike, i bought it for a muck around the back paddock for when i couldnt/dont want to ride my KX, I bought it for $1400 and think its a great bang for your buck, loads of fun. only reminders would be to keep up on oil changes, as they have no filter, oil is the lifeblood of 4 strokes!

I hope this review was helpful, any questions please ask! and i will post anything more that happens with the bike as i ride it more.
:bolt:

Welcome to miniriders, Good review mate, cheers. The clutches dont like full synthetic but do know of blokes running semi, and its a 160 ho without the oil filter? I thought only the first gen 155z(now known as 160ho) didnt have an oil filter but only an oil slinger to filter the oil, Thanks for the review lad

Last edited:
If its a 2012 mate, it should look like this.
DHZ-06.jpg

Theres your oil filter in front of the clutch cover.

Great review mate. Well written. Chuck a few pics up if you can.
If its the 160ho and has the 6 plate daytona it does have an oil filter. In the picture rotn put up its behind the little cover directly under the exhaust with 3 bolts in it.
Good luck with the bike mate. They are little beauty's

Yeah bud some pics would top off a great review:drum:

Latest posts

Back