2012 MotoVert 160R reveiw

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1trick

Reaction score
Hey guys meant to get around to doing this before now. but i spose later is better then never. i wanted to buy a pit bike for ages but wasnt even sure what bike was what or what quility was what . so i just started looking on sites an then came on here. i finally came to decision to purchuse a motovert 160 r from " city motorcycles " in furntree gully melbourne. i got it for 2,000 marked down from 2,500 so not to bad in the end and dom from the shop let me pay it off as well which was fantastic. the service at city motorcycles is absoultely fantastic. nothing is to hard and they'll answer any questions with ease.

so i when i picked up the bike it was assemmbled and ready to ride. it had oil an fuel in it. i didnt have to touch anything at all just kick it over an ride it . which is what i did . all the parts looks really imprerssive an nicely finished . i went over every nut an bolt on the bolt before i rode it the next day . nothing was overly loose or incorrectly installed. which was really great, an a little surprising. i didnt have to touch the carby at all which was good. the bike feels really good when riding just the same as a big bike . i previously owned a wr400, i have had a little bit experiance with bikes but not all that much all the same. i ran the bike in for 2 tanks an medium riding . i went with me mate and his crf 450. the bike rode like a dream not one thing went wrong. except a grip coming off lol which i wasnt to worried about . so after the 2 tanks , changed the oil and cleaned the paper gauze filter, filled it back up with freash oil. tightend the chain abit. it had strethed from new. an i have cained ever since . all up i have prolly done 8 hrs riding. absoultely nothing has gone wrong its unbeliavble. i ride it like hell but look after it like a baby, wash it after every ride go over everything after every ride. the tyres after 8 hours a surprising good . kenda carlsbad tyres the rear is proberly half worn an ther front is only proberly 30 % worn . iv done all sorts of riding from rocky hill climbs to swapy muddy 4x4 tracks. so iv given the tyres a pretty good caining aswell . i was looking at a DHZ 160 outlaw. but a closer look at the shop at the 2 bikes just showed the motovert has all the small touches with better quility finish.

prolly the thing that annoys me most about the moto 160 is the air box set up was a disapointment. u have to pull the rear plastics off and the seat to pull the full air box out . then once its out u have to pull the air box apart. give it ya clean an pit all back together. so i just put the free uni filter i got with the bike.. heeps better to clean. less messing around . im just gana get a spare to chuck on in the future once the current one gets dirty. i didnt notice any power difference either from the a/box to the uni . i was told i would get more power with uni which i didnt notice i wasnt to bortherd.

so yeah its not a big fancy review going into every nook an cranny of every detail. im to impatient for that lol. i highly recommed the bike . really good quility an design the ergos a brillant ! . i wanna get the bigger barrel and piston set up on the go very soon . should get it going better again . o did i mention out of the box the bike HAMMERS !!. here a some photos of the rig hope u enjoyed this reveiw attempt, if theirs any other questions or something u wanna know bout the bike just post back ill answer .

2012-04-08081551.jpg

2012-04-08081526.jpg

2012-04-04164643-1.jpg

2012-04-03183143.jpg

2012-02-25142553.jpg

2012-04-09133534.jpg

2012-04-09133451.jpg

2012-04-09133442.jpg

2012-04-09133328.jpg

2012-02-25142404.jpg

2012-04-04200156.jpg

2012-04-03182404.jpg

looks the goods buddy!!
Well done on the write up!
Might be worth adding what oil you used when you dumped it after the run in period, and what fuel you use to. You should be able to get Rec. Rego. which if you are riding where I think you are.. is a wise move... paying off a bike is good.. paying off a unlicenced, unregistered, fine.... isnt ;)

otherwise, Start up a thread, add in the specs and future mods you want to do, and keep us all posted as it progresses!

(am also a local around the FERNtree gully area..) and a customer of Doms as well.. is a good guy, agreed!

looks the goods buddy!!
Well done on the write up!
Might be worth adding what oil you used when you dumped it after the run in period, and what fuel you use to. You should be able to get Rec. Rego. which if you are riding where I think you are.. is a wise move... paying off a bike is good.. paying off a unlicenced, unregistered, fine.... isnt ;)

otherwise, Start up a thread, add in the specs and future mods you want to do, and keep us all posted as it progresses!

(am also a local around the FERNtree gully area..) and a customer of Doms as well.. is a good guy, agreed!

lol where do u think i was riding ? their wasnt anything to revealing in the photos was their lol ? narh its a mad bike. cheers

well.. specifically.. no idea.:lol:. but id be presuming it isnt private land!

seriously.. rec reg. it makes it ALOT more fun doing things legally ;)

Yeh nice read. Im picking mine up, white plastics on sat. Saving me
100$ ill put it together myself. I dont plan to run it until ive dumped
The cheap oils that come pre filled from overseas. For referrence
On my 125 i used thumper oil etc from my crf250 and plan to do
The same on the 160. Also draining the coolant as i got heaps spare.
How do you find the front tube? I plan to put a heavy duty one in
Asap.
Also have you adjusted the front and rear at all?

Yeh nice read. Im picking mine up, white plastics on sat. Saving me
100$ ill put it together myself. I dont plan to run it until ive dumped
The cheap oils that come pre filled from overseas. For referrence
On my 125 i used thumper oil etc from my crf250 and plan to do
The same on the 160. Also draining the coolant as i got heaps spare.
How do you find the front tube? I plan to put a heavy duty one in
Asap.
Also have you adjusted the front and rear at all?

Get it n ride it ride mate. everybody on makes the biggest deals over nothing. jus make sure u run it in. cant stress it enough. ppl say aww ya gotta do the fork oil an engine oil an brake fluid. lol makes me laugh. jus ride it like i did. change ya oil every ride an filter. an ull be write. u could the best pit bike going around n peps n here will still have something to winge about. oh n the front tube what about it. their great straight of the box. So are the tyres.

you think shipping oil in the motor is good for the bike? they proberly chuck any oil in..
dump it and put castrol activ 4t mineral based oil or motul mineral based oil.
not synthetic or semi synthetic oil, clutch plates get stuck and worn out.

you think shipping oil in the motor is good for the bike? they proberly chuck any oil in..
dump it and put castrol activ 4t mineral based oil or motul mineral based oil.
not synthetic or semi synthetic oil, clutch plates get stuck and worn out.

lol well my oil wasnt gook oil moto it was changed by motorbike city and fueled before i even had my hands on it assembled n all ( an nothing on the bike was loose ) . ready to ride. the best place to buy a bike is motor-bike city in furntree gully melbourne. to much procrastination. just ride it. its not like ya life is on the line lol. 650 $ for a new engine an box thats a 3rd of my pay lol. i wanna cain the **** out of my bike to see what it is made off . no point pussy footen around. its all about preventive maintance. iv only done 10 hours an already done al my bearings they didnt even need changing . just do it . dont wait for sh!t to break. good thing bout pit bikes everything is cheap as chips.

i dont have faith in the stock oil.

id prefer to know whats in there, but i guess if it aint broken..?

personal preference ey :fencing:

psto is a sort of copy of the pitster pro, lx and lxr are the same bike just lx was the first model of the lxr (shorter frame and yx160).
and the motovert is a psto just relabeled

the pitster pro lx/lxr are the first of this type of bike

the psto is pretty much everything the same as the lxr but has a bigger frame and higher pegmount. pull off the seat and under it says pitster pro

hey mate i bought one of these bad boys not to long ago... just wonderng if you have had any trouble with the gearbox.. eg mine seems to jump out gear and find a neutural when ever it has alota pressure or sometimes when i hit jumpss..

i own a psto yes they are a bigger frame and are taller but i will say i had mine apart lasxt week and did not see pitster pro

i dont really care lol its how the bike feels that matters to me and the psto felt the best to me

Latest posts

Back