250 two stroke vs 450 four stroke

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha ha ... The old 2 stroke vs 4 stroke story once again ...

The pollution people have backed off a bit since 4 strokes took over ...[/url]

oooh Boy..the pollution card ...not again..that even didn`t worked out in the 80s:p...todays 2 stroke technic is far advanced...wait until TM and KTM release their engines , then thumpers get banned because of pollution;)...and riding quietly...well at least its possible with a Zinger :p

Well the manufacturers and legislators used the pollution story to bring the newer 4 strokes about in the first place ... remember ... it wasn't anyone on forums or imagination that brought it about ...

There's NO way you'll get an engine that burns oil to put out less pollution than one that burns straight fuel ... Anything you can do to a 2 stroke such as direct cylinder fuel injection ... you can do to a 4 stroke too ...

the guy on the rm250 was obviously just better rider then the guy on the 450, when will people understand... the bike doesn't ride itself

Your right, to a degree. Definately plays a big part. BUT...

If you have 2 equal riders on each, the 450 will win every time.

Everyone is comparing a 55hp motor to a 45hp motor. If 2bangers were that quick as stated, people would be riding them in the AMA. You can still ride one in there but not a single rider does. I wonder why?? :confused: :rolleyes:

Everyone is comparing a 55hp motor to a 45hp motor. If 2bangers were that quick as stated, people would be riding them in the AMA. You can still ride one in there but not a single rider does. I wonder why?? :confused: :rolleyes:

because ...you have to put up with this bullsh!t regulations, that you can`t run an equal sized smoker against them :cool:...whats fair on that??...even a 300cc Kate would smoke all this goon thumpers

because ...you have to put up with this bullsh!t regulations, that you can`t run an equal sized smoker against them :cool:...whats fair on that??...even a 300cc Kate would smoke all this goon thumpers

There are none. You can race a 250mxr against the 450's but no one chooses too because they just aren't as fast. Simple.

SuperX here in Austrlia is a prime example. The few guys that run the 2 bangers get absolutely creamed.

A Kato300 would stand a better chance but I still reckon the 450 would come out on top round a track. That would be good to see.

You sir need to lay off the crack. :p

ahh the lovely 2 stroke v 4 stroke battle, when will it end. My last bike before I sold my penis on ebay and bought a 50 was a cr250 greatest bike I ever owned, so I prefer the 2 strokes.

As for the question being asked in this thread. It really doesnt matter which bike has more power because I garuntee you will not use all the power, not even the top AMA riders use it. I do recall a thread somewhere speaking about bubba wanting them to make a 4 stroke with a smaller engine capacity like a 350cc. So if bubba stewart thinks his 450 is to powerful I dont think any of us could use the power.

two-stroke.gif

bloody mosquitoes

but those kato 300's are awsome trail bikes torquey as and can rip ya arms of at a twist of the throttle

give me the injected 450 anyday

There are none. You can race a 250mxr against the 450's but no one chooses too because they just aren't as fast. Simple.....You sir need to lay off the crack. :p

since when is that equal...?? You sir need to take your smart pills for a while:p

kato 300's are awsome trail bikes

if you dont mind the worlds worst fork & rear suspension package ;)

P.s i'll beat anyone from this site if they have a 450, on my 250 2 stroke lol come for a ride & see i will even give you a head start.... haha :p

Last edited:
oooo big words

they've fixed the suspension issue's in the new models so the testers tell us

but i'll hold ya to that race hillz i haven't been on a big bike for a few years now (well my own big bike)
but a couple of laps and i reckon i'll give ya a run for ya money.........we'll see

mind you you can stick those ramp thing right in that ultra uncomfortable place not to be mentioned

the place i'm talking about is way more intense than jumping ramps, 5th pinned down a narrow track with trees, logs & roos all around, to much for a 450 rider to handle lol

hmmm roo's make for scary riding and ouchy

and fith for you will be 4th crusin for me mate dont flatter yourself he he he

^^^^ is unaware of the 48tooth steely giving the 250 more than enough legs for the job^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
since when is that equal...?? You sir need to take your smart pills for a while:p

In the eye's of the AMA, they are equal. You can't exactly run 300 Enduro bikes in the AMA. I took extra smart pills this morning. ;)

P.s i'll beat anyone from this site if they have a 450, on my 250 2 stroke lol come for a ride & see i will even give you a head start.... haha :p

Get ya hand off it. A few of my mates would eat you and your 2 dinga for breakfeast. Fuel injected 450 = 2 smoke killa.

hmmm roo's make for scary riding and ouchy

and fith for you will be 4th crusin for me mate dont flatter yourself he he he

^^^^ is unaware of the 48tooth steely giving the 250 more than enough legs for the job^^^

I believe Hillz runs a 44 tooth. Flattrack urban st killin master!! :p

Hmmmm....Where i live top speed would be the deciding factor and i think a 2 stroker at its top speed would go boom before a 450 4t would. And it is literally stop speed most of the time if your good enough that is. But yeah dont count your chickens, someone will come and steal them when you least expect it.

I'd like to hear the "philosophy" that two stroke supporters live by ... Are they as smart as they think they are ? ... Are they genuine ? ...

Here's a quick IQ quiz ...

If a cylinder inducts and burns 250 cc of charge every 2 strokes ... how much will it have burnt after the piston has completed 4 strokes ? ...

Here's how I see things :

The bangs are split micro seconds apart from each other in a running engine ... The effects constantly overlap each other to drive the crank ...

A 1000 cc 4 cylinder 4T engine fires 250 cc at a time 4 times over two crank revs and it's called a 1000 cc engine ...

A 1000 cc 2 cylinder 4T engine fires 500 cc at a time 2 times over two crank revs but it's still called a 1000 cc engine ... proof that the size of each individual cylinder or bang does NOT determine the actually capacity of an engine ...

How MANY combustion events occur over two crank rotations (added together) is what determines an engines size ...

A 250 cc single cylinder 2 stroke engine fires only one 250 cc bang at a time ... but fires that 250 cc bang TWICE over 2 crank revs ie 4 piston strokes ... = 500 cc over 4 piston strokes / 2 crank revolutions ...

A 500 cc 2 cylinder 4 stroke engine fires only one 250 cc bang at a time ... but fires that 250 cc bang TWICE over 2 crank revs ie 4 piston strokes ... = 500 cc over 4 piston strokes / 2 crank revolutions ...

A 450 cc single cylinder 4 stroke engine fires only one 450 cc bang at a time ... but fires that 450 cc bang only ONCE over 2 crank revs ie 4 piston strokes ... = 450 cc over 4 piston strokes / 2 crank revolutions ...

So keeping in mind that in REALTY engines are NOT sized by their static bore capacity ... What is the difference between the amount of cc's that a 250 single cylinder 2 stroke burns over the same crank revs as a 500 twin 4 stroke OR a 500 single cylinder 4 stroke ????? ...

ok so I think I understand :/
450cc 4t fires one big powerful charge once every 4 strokes
250cc 2t fires 2 milder charges every 4 strokes
= 450 4t is more powerful

?
well that's my basic breakdown anyway

So do you think a twin cylinder 1000 cc engine (like a worked Harley 1000) that has 500 cc power pulses could compete against say a YZF 1000 four cylinder engine that only has "little" 250 cc power pulses ? ...

I think you'll answer your own question there ...

Latest posts

Back