28mm oko cable?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
So I got a oko off craig here at a nice price (thanks very happy) but need a throttle cable for it. The ones advertised on dhz look different to what i need. The end that I need should look the same as what goes into the lever. Any body know where to get one?

Are you sure that it should look the same as the end that goes into the lever? Every carb that I have seen has a small bit on the end that goes into the carb

i wasn't sure on the end that fits in the OKO, i have set up mine using the standard end.
i just cut some of the outer cable off to give it a bit more length.
mine has been working fine for the last year or so ...

the shape inside the slide where the cable end sits, looks like it should have the same shape as the other end, maybe thinner though ?

The end that goes into the slide is skinny and runs along the length of the cable if that makes sense

How about I post a photo tomorrow so you can all get an idea of it? I'll probably try modifying the current one like you said craig, but just thought I should show you guys what I mean.

if you need a hand, bring the carby, cable and throttle down after work one night on your way home, and i'll set it up for you.

you left the other wider bolt pattern manifold here too, have you sussed that other one against yours yet?

^will give it a go tomorrow if I have time, otherwise on the weekend. Not at trade school now is all, I'm working at detrac diesel at st marys so am doing a bit of over time atm, its flat out there.

allright so got the current cable to work quite well now and I would post up some pics now but I left my camera in the shed and it is cold out there and I'm tired too so you'll just have to wait till tomorrow.

Also Craig that manifold was the right size but I tightened the bolt too much and stripped the thread out:( so I'll see if I can get one from a local shop or something. Show n go wouldn't have one would they?

OK got all the carby nounted up now with a manifold but I can't get the cable to slide freely when the fuel tank is on but with out it on the bends are smoother and it moves freely. this means it won't close the slide while its running. Anybody else had this problem? Could it just be that I need to lubricate the cable? It worked fine with the other barb installed. (molkt)

By the way this is what the slide looks like.
8675041414_2e40b8f0e2.jpg

Latest posts

Back