4stroke hard to start

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean01 thanks for that guide just what i needed.I thought that lining up the flywheel (TDC)and cam sprocket was part of this operation but is not included in the guide.How come?

Should i just do what the guide says?Or should i adjust them too?

I was going to buy a long kick starter to ease the kickback pain in the ass but was talking to a fella today and he said that i probly wouldnt find a kickstarter that would fit my bike unless it was an atomik one,but they dont sell longer kickstarts.

Any advice here?

Any body know of any valve clearance videos on youtube or wherever for chinese dirtbikes?All i can find are videos for other dirtbikes not chinese.

cant go wrong with .003 .004.... same settings for 4 or 5 bikes i have done ....

Thanks to everyone that replied,my bike is now running HEAPS better and starts first kick even when engine is cold.This operation was as easy as pissing and was a great success.

the valves sink which closes the clearances over time..
if you want to slow the process down you can add valve saver to your fuel..

valve saver is the same additive they use to use on early engines running on lpg..its basically a lead additive..
would only require like 5ml's per tank of fuel
Search Results - Supercheap Auto

image if you took it to a shop....... good job for sticking with it and giving thing a try. it saved you kudos.

Well,i did the valve clearance and timing and the bike was running GREAT for one day.The next day i went trail riding and it was hard to start again.Got it started and was riding for about 10minutes and i thought i might do a donut in the sand and it stalled.Couldnt get it started again even after 20minutes,so i got into my backpack,got tools out and took the top valve cover off and there was no movement at all.

What do you guys reckon happend?I mean obviously the valve had sunk again or whatever but why did this happen?How can i make this right?

you dont check clearances when the engine is hot remember. things expand when hot. exhaust ports get hotter than inlets that why the exhaust has more clearance.

Latest posts

Back