80's BMX

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherp2nd

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of anywhere in melbourne that sell the old school 80's bmx's with the mathing colour tyres and rims and all that stuff? ive been looking evrywhere for one i rekon they are impossible to find.

Any help would be great!!

Glenroy bikes have HEAPS of old school rides.. but I think you will find you will pay throu the nose for anything half vintage.. the window on cleaning up on RAD BMX bikes has passed.. :lol:

ive looked at ebay, there are a whole lot of parts but not many complete bikes... its for the mr's so she is pretty picky on what she wants... she even suggested buying parts and putting it together... then id have no time to ride me thumpy, i think she will just have to live without one... thanks for the help anyway guys !!

remeber that BMX on ebay with the twin rear shocks,,, extreme to the max & did a trick & got a chick pregas just by watching haha

as I said.. Glenroy bikes pays good $ for old bmx's.. they have about 20+ on the walls around the store. I HIGHLY suggest just going there for a browse, even taking the old mongoose in and seeing what they will give ya for it.. cant hurt to try!

anyone else recall the old Repco Hotfoot? How about the old mongoose Super goose!? My first half decent bmxer was a redline RL240 IIRC.. had a snapped frame, got it fixed, painted up in 2pak paint with a kick arse pearl thru it.. had it knocked off a few weeks later :(

Tell ya missus to look at the Electra range of bikes.. You cant go wrong with old school style and new school components..

e l e c t r a

Rat Fink FTW :D No longer available in Australia :D woot!
ratfink4k2-1.jpg
IMG_1841-1.jpg
IMG_1785-1-1.jpg

you can steal the .jpg img for your phootobuket...

expert_91.jpg

My cousin rode one of these for a while! I might have pictures somewhere.. His was exactly the same.. minus the period covered seat....

Last edited:
back in my early/mid teens i use to work at a push bike shop assembling bikes, i was always getting awesome deals on frames and parts..
my pride and joy was an Eric Rupe triple butted chrome moly signature edition mongoose, from memory i paid around 260 just or the frame and forks and this was around 1988/89 or maybe even 86/87

but yeah i also had a few handfuls of other brand bikes over the years...haro's, redlines etc..

id hate to think wat there worth these days..

some not bad info on here VintageBMX

not sure of what year in the 80's it is but my daughter has a kalahari the type that kid in the movie E.T had minus the basket
she was going to rebuild but has changed her mind and wants to sell it
it is a complete runner minus brakes ,brakes are overrated anyway
it has some special tyre in a tyre and extra thick tubes and diferent looking spokes if youre interested give me a pm and can go from there

not sure of what year in the 80's it is but my daughter has a kalahari the type that kid in the movie E.T had minus the basket
she was going to rebuild but has changed her mind and wants to sell it
it is a complete runner minus brakes ,brakes are overrated anyway
it has some special tyre in a tyre and extra thick tubes and diferent looking spokes if youre interested give me a pm and can go from there

hey ha i collect old school bmxs from the 80s i have just been selling them all to pay for motys i had a koahara e.t there worth big bucks

Latest posts

Back