a 2-stroke streetlegal minibike? oh yeah!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddy@norway

Reaction score
heres a video for all you die-hard 2-stroke lovers out there who wants a minibike but don't like the 4-stroke Z-50.

feast your eye on the Suzuki PV50, it's quite rare these days.
the one in the clip is not stock though, it's got a 80cc big-bore kit, a pipe and some other goodies:D

YouTube - Suzuki PV 80cc

another clip

YouTube - Suzuki pv bönbör

Last edited:
i know this is an old thread but where could you get a PV80 or any other 2 stroke pit bike?

i dunno man, they all probably been scrapped cause there motors have probably seized ages ago....they'd be a rarity to find one in a poor-good condition.

i am finally getting my first dirtbike!!!! I would like it to be a two stroke. Which 85cc would be the best. No racing just yet

Anyone can build a two stroke pit bike ... Just fit a Yamaha PY80 motor into a pit bike frame then put it up against a bike with a YX160 ... You have to accept the power output and weaknesses of a horizontal two stroke engine ... It's plain dumb assed and lame to compare a reed valve case induction expansion chambered vertical two stroke MX race engine to a horizontal 4 stroke or even a vertical 4 stroke trail bike engine ...

Now do a real comparison and compare a CRF150R against a CR85 ... The CRF engine should actually really be 170 cc to be equal in the amount of fuel/air charge being burnt at the same rpm ... Then the 2 stroke's not lookin' so great ... Most nig nogs just look at the static bore size and imagine in their head that a two stroke and a four stroke of the same cc's are a fair and equal comparison ...

But when you take the "strokes" that they induct charge and fire at , the story changes dramatically ...

A 2 stroke 85 takes in and burns 85 cc of charge every two strokes (1 crank rev) ... so you get 85/2 ...

A 4 stroke 170 takes in and burns 170 cc every 4 strokes (2 crank revs) ... so you get 170/4 OR 85/2 ... A 150 cc 4 stroke = 75/2 ... which would seem to be unfair for the Honda CRF150R ... but because the CRF revs higher than a two stroke which allows it to multiply it's power output via increasing the cc's burnt per minute ... Honda has decided to go off the rear wheel HP to be fair to the 2 stroke ...

Comparing a vertical 4 stroke engine to a horizontal 4 stroke engine is also not fair because the horizontal engine has to 1) Push more power robbing oil out of the way and 2) Has inferior peak head flow potential due to the bent exhaust and intake manifolds ... A vertical 2 stroke also has those same peak airflow advantages over a horizontal 2 stroke ... and also over a horizontal 4 stroke ...

This is for any little "kiddies" reading this thread ... LOL ...

Picture a "stroke" as being 1 week ... 2 strokes being a fortnight ... and 4 strokes being 1 month ...

The government designates your mate to be a "2 stroke" worker who gets paid every TWO weeks ...

YOU get told you're a "4 stroke" worker who gets paid every FOUR weeks ... You are both working in the same factory and expected to do the same amount of work ...

Would you think it's fair if your "2 stroke" worker mate got paid $2000 every fortnight ...

And YOU got paid the EXACT same $2000 each month ... then had to put up with him BS'ing and bragging about how much more spending "power" he has than you that makes him far "superior" to you ????? How much would you expect to be paid for working the exact same hours over the same 1 month period of time for the pay to be equal and fair with your mates ?? ...

you seem kinda hostile against 2-strokes, cactus? I for one love both designs, the 4-stroke having a feel of pure strength, kinda like a heavyweight-boxer who keeps slugging away for 12 long rounds.
a 2-stroke gives that scary punchy feeling, like a K-1 fighter who goes nuts and give everything for 3 rounds before getting exhausted.

I got a CR500 on my hand I'm thinking of buying, then I'll have both of hondas legendary Big-bore behemoths, I love bikes with overwhelming power...

Latest posts

Back