A bit off topic But a few random questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradZ_09

Reaction score
Ok i figured this was the logical place to post this.
I have many random and unrelated questions to post so here goes

1. Does anyone on miniriders shuffle?? [If you dont know what it is, refer to this link, im in the purple with black pants] YouTube - shuffle practise IV

2. Ive heard a few bits of motox slang goin round and not to sure what they mean?
Anyone define these for me? 1. Fanning the clutch[ADB magazine] 2. Ergos and Brakes[ADB magazine]

Thanks i think thats all for now
Ill edit it if i think of any more
Thanks.:) :) :cool: :D

Bradz 09 im sure i am not the only one getting sick of you stupid pointless post's!

1. Does anyone on miniriders shuffle?? sometimes after a few

2. Ive heard a few bits of motox slang goin round and not to sure what they mean?
you will learn :)

Last edited:
to answer two of three questions..

fanning the clutch is the same as feathering the clutch, think of it as riding the clutch, taking the pressure off the clutch plates and allowing the engine to 'spin up' and then releasing.

ergos/brakes is in reference to how the lever works as far as I know. Its commonly used when refering to road race pushbikes, basically a shifter built into the brake lever. not to sure how this would work with motorbikes, but possibly something to do with fine braking adjustments would be my guess...

why not send ADB an email and ask them to do a FAQ on 'slang' or hit up their forum and ask!? BOUND to get the answer your after there!

Thanks Foolsp33d
I have to say, knowing you to be a Super Moderator
Thought i was in trouble when it said you had posted lol
But thanks

As for Jakey....
Settle down mate this IS general chat you know..
Whats the description..EVERYTHING NOT MINI RELATED. General Talk. Bitch, Flame, Argue. Whatever. Keep It Clean.

Jeez man where else do i post this
Just a question!

Ps. you will learn
How am i supposed to learn if nobody tells me!! [Jakey]

mate- fanning the clutch is when you like come out of a corner and the bike doesnt accelorate like you want it to, you could be in the wrong gear, so to get the speed up quickly you just sort of grab the clutch just a little and keep the revs up the let g quickly you will be going faster.

and brakes and ergos
ergos- ergonomics
brakes0- brakes.

ergos and brakes are basicall how the bikes feels. like if the say the ergos are cramped that means that the pegs might be too high up in conjuction with that seat, and the bars are too far back. ergos will suit that rider, like if it was a tall guy and said that the ergos were good for him, it might be a taller seat hight, bigger bars and the peg/seat relationship will be quite high. but if a small dude were to ride that bike he would say that it was too big. companies tend to make bikes in the middle to suit average highted people .
so basically, ergos are very personal.

and brakes are just put in there because they are sort of not big enough to have their own category, but too too big to leave them out. sometimes thy put it into handling and suspension and sometimes with ergos. but they are usually categorized with ergos cause all the lavers and stuff can affect the bikes ergos, like if the levers were to suit a guy with long fingers, it will be hard for a smaller guy to reach them,- got it- good

Ergo's = Ergonomics = The relationship between the user and the environment = The relationship between the rider and the motorcycle ( environment) = All things like
- Seat height , peg height , peg to seat distance
- Weight
- Contours of the motorcycle such as the shrouds , how the knee's hug the tank
- Basically how you as the rider feel on the motorcycle which is ultimatley the most important aspect of any motorcycle.

Orionproseries preety much hit the nail in the head. Good post.

I don't think these threads are pointless. Its a forum where people go to learn. Dirt bike / motorcycle can be quite overwhelming so this was a good post!

Latest posts

Back