A new pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbows

Reaction score
I had a few pit bikes back in 07-08 when I was an active member here but sold them off and I was really getting into road bikes at the time.

But I've had a bit of a sparked interest in these things again lately and want to get another one. See the thing is this too, I'm not sure if I'll have the time to ride it everyday and even if my desire for these things will last long term so at this stage I want to get something cheap.

I don't want the bottom end of the scale but something a little up from that and this is why I've come to thinking that the Atomik Nitrous 140 would be good as it's got a few nice features like the upside down forks and a YX oil cooled motor plus good looking welds from all the photo's that I've seen and they seem to be ending at around $750 on eBay which is quite affordable.

Can anyone speak for these bikes are they worth the money? Do they any issues/many problems, and how would they be with a 90kgs rider? I wouldn't be jumping the thing but I would be chucking mono's just about everywhere I went.

Thanks

Got me a nitrous 160 about 3 months ago, **** hot cheap china :) However dont get to excited about the upsidedown forks... I reckon the old standard ones of my 30yr old Yami MX80 would have better feel and be smoother :) But all in all a great bike and I picked it up for $710.00 fr ebay (+ delivery) if it were me i'd get the bigger bore especially at 90kg's. But hey, just my 2cents...

Yea the only problem is I plan on taking it to my local go-kart track for some motard days and they stipulate maximum 150cc for the mini's so that leaves me with either the 140 of the 150 but the 140's seem a lot more common one on eBay.

well i have a 150 nitrous and i weigh 103kg and it halls my fat arse around easily.lol .. so its not going to have a problem getting you around... they dont have the best suspension like timeeh said but you can always change that buy getting a bargain of one of our awesome sponser.... (no im not trying to get free parts:p) or you could find a already set up for motarding bike on here i know there was one for same but i dont know if it still is..

ive never heard of people saying good things about atomiks. check out gumtree its a free classifieds website and ive seen some nice bikes on there second hand in really good nick. currently there was 2 genuine thumpstars for $700ish each which is an awesome buy, also a 150 pit pro for $650 and thats just in adelaide.

i dunno really where albion park is except its kinda near wollongong so i did a quick search for that region and found an elstar cheap and looks like its in good nick Elstar Blade 125cc trail bike | Motorcycles & Scooters | Gumtree Georges Hall

check out the website and surely u can find some more stuff as i dunno how far u are willing to travel

Been doing a little cruising around eBay today and came across another brand called Assasin which seem to be very similar with a YX140 motor etc. Does anyone know anything about these guys?

Well I bought an Assassin and picked it up last night and it's a 140 so we'll see how it goes and if I get serious about riding these things I look to spend a little more cash on the things and pick something up with a Daytona motor or something?

How much you pick it up for? The price i saw on there website definately looks good. Make sure you do all the preliminary stuff too before riding, oils ect.... Enjoy :)

assassins are good for the money.. the xy140 motors are lke any other xy motors.. solid.. as long as they are maintained etc.. plus most of thoses assassin frames will take just about all the xy motors..

Atomik 140d are good front n rear shocks r crap, but I hav one change suspension and few lil mods it haul ass all day long, I do oil changes every few rides and have t had a problem at all, jst make sure ur get the yx 140 engine not the lifan. Yx is quicker and sounds better :)

Yea I'm quite impressed with it.. I bought it off a guy that bought it for his son as an unwanted gift, and took it off his hands for $600 and it comes with a DNM rear shock and braided lines which things I would have expected to only see on something 2x the money!

I've been riding road bikes for many years and always done my own services so I'm going to drop the shipping oil out of it tomorrow morning and chuck some Motul in there, like maybe 7100 if anyone has experience using that stuff in a YX140 motor? After that I'll go over here and loctite the bolts and do all the routine checks.

u can buy assassins brand new $800.. there main seller that i know of is crazypocketbikes.com.au
they located at taren point in syd.. they stock all spares for em etc.. good ppl too..

yeh just dnt run full syn or anytthing.. and after afew lapsjust keep ya eye on ya rear sprocket.. esp if ya pinnin everything n snappy gear changes.. china bike..= @#$%y bits.. yeh.. sprockerts are still mehh

Latest posts

Back