Adam's 1st 50 Build **warning picture heavy**

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My1st50

Reaction score
G'day all, i purchased this little baby only 2-3 weeks ago. Its a 2007 CRF50R and only ridden by little girls (im taking the previous owners word) cost me $800. Starts 1st kick and carry's my fat ass around really well, except for the stock rear shock bottoming out. I've owned cheap Chinese thumpsters

and always had "big" bikes

but always wanted a trick CRF50. So the CRF50 (fast50) world is new to me.

I bought this as the idea of a build i could take me time and go slow on, the 1st 2 days i've spent more than my wife knows and have ordered....

TBR red billet "triple clamp"
PRO TAPER bars
All the necessary cables and wiring for the new bars etc...
Black plastics with new graphics and Honda covered tall seat
CNC Alloy Front Sprocket Cover Plate (Red)
Unifilter
Black Alloy Bash Plate
HD Cutaway Ignition Cover
Red Billet CNC Petrol Cap
Red Billet Rear Sprocket
Rear HD Shock
+1 Fast 50's fork legs & TBR HD springs

Today she received some new shoes

I've painted the frame and swingarm and started to re-build. Just waiting on parts now :frustrated:

As my new parts arrive i'll post up some pics. :beerchug:

it's looking very nice already, + reps

i cant wait to see whats coming next for it.

cheers, craig

You will Have a Blast on the little honda 50 :). they are so much fun!.
Looks like of to good start to your build! black frame with red swinga look neat!.
mmmmm fresh rubber

Quick update, I got lucky with the post and some goodies arrived before NYE....

I know some of you hate the "fastace" rear shocks but after i spent $1000 the 1st 2 days of buying this fiddie i have to settle with this for now.

I've always love the Famous Stars & Straps style, as soon as i found this kit i had to buy it.

As of now it'll stay as a stocko 50. An 88 kit will come eventually. I was ready to buy the Yoshi Exhaust system but then realized it will become too loud to chase my dogs around the back yard etc... So the stock exhaust has stayed.

Waiting on a heap of RED billet bling stuff and the +1 Forks to finish her off.
:rockon::beerchug::banana:

top build mate, ive got a fast ace on my sons motovert and i cant fault it to be honest
Thanks mate, if the shock starts giving me grief i'll look at a change. I have no plan on racing, its simply something fun and perfect to bring out with bbq's and beers. Its maiden voyage will be aus day at a mates property :beerchug:

i have used fastace before, along with gpx (rear shocks) and the fastace was definately better, although i now have a dnm, and will see what is best out of the 3

Bikes looking good but make sure you don't over do the screw on the throttle because the it will crack the throttle

Bikes looking good but make sure you don't over do the screw on the throttle because the it will crack the throttle
Thanks for the heads up, until it is on the ground the bars/levers etc are loose. I will take extra care with the throttle.

A few things ordered yesterday, nothing major.
TB Magnetic Oil Drain Bolt
TB MX Performance CDI
Red Fuel line
Gold fuel filter

As of now she'll stay a stocka, but a 88 kit is tempting. Its off to my mechanic 2moro to be re-jetted, since i fitted the Uni-Filter it bogs right down when its full throttle. I read this may happen with a filter change?

Latest posts

Back