Air Filter Covers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
I have seen a few boys have them on their bikes (Nicko and Brendo).

Just wondering where you boys get them from?

Sick of using half a coke bottle when washing the bike to stop water getting in the carb.

If these seal them up so you can just wash them that's awesome.

Yeah man pre filters. Next time your doing ya shopping buy a bag of balloons, n cut the end ring bit off. Take ya filter off, cause you have too anyway to clean it n stretch the balloon over your inlet! Works a treat!! :thumbup:

They are defiantly pre filters, they work a treat in keeping the majority of crap from ever getting to the air filter but water proof they arnt, slightly water resistant but yeah water still goes through them no worries.
Defiantly a good buy run one on a dusty track and then check your filter and you'll see.

Bugger. Would have thought someone would have made one that is fully water proof so you can chuck it on when you wash your bike.

I have heaps of filters so not too worried about the dust.

Bugger. Would have thought someone would have made one that is fully water proof so you can chuck it on when you wash your bike.

I have heaps of filters so not too worried about the dust.

What about a ziplock sanga bag for washing duties?

When washing my bike and when transporting it on the trailer, I use Multix medium freezer bags with handles.
They work great as you slide it over and tie up the handle around the carby.

I received my outerwears pre filter the other day, definetly would'nt be waterproof.

I ran an outerwear at 50% last week and it did a grouse job of keeping the dust off the main filter
I like the idea of using a balloon over the carb when washing, im gonna do that from now on!

i use a outerwear cover we use our pit bikes for trail riding and they are great for keeping mud and majority of water off the filter, i remove the air filter and use a rubber glove with a zip tie over the carb inlet. besides you will need to remove the filter to clean it any way ....

get an old filter that fits ya carby rip the foam off it

glue or silicone a cut to size plastic or rubber plate onto it

slip her on the carby

fully sealed it is

Now that's a wicked idea!!

Like your style. Will give it a crack.

another point would be to turn your choke on to help reduce the amount of water you might get it.... if the flappy closed no water goes ;)

another point would be to turn your choke on to help reduce the amount of water you might get it.... if the flappy closed no water goes ;)

that will only work if you have a choke with a flap, the oko's and pe's seem to have a enricher rather than a flap..... i find the zip locked sandwhich bag works great...

I just don't shoot water down or around my carb while cleaning it's not really that hard lol.

Does anyone know where I can get a outerwear cover for my uni filter in Vic I went out trail riding last weekend and sucked a lot of water in so need one bad to save my motor from so much water the old zonga 175 didn't like it to much

Latest posts

Back