Any opinions on the DHZ Outlaw 140cc?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chachi

Reaction score
Mates and I are looking at this bike, it seems it's slightly better then the DMX 140 and slightly higher in the front end. Supposedly DMX is made by Atomik and DHZ by Pitpro, there is about $50 difference so both around $1300.

bikes are ok i had a few of them ,dunno bout the makes mate there all china based so who knows

look for a second hand bike mate there's plenty of them in your price range

nope.......

Care to have valid facts to support your reply? :rolleyes:

bikes are ok i had a few of them ,dunno bout the makes mate there all china based so who knows

look for a second hand bike mate there's plenty of them in your price range

What kind of second hand bikes? If you're talking about jap bikes then there isn't many down in Melbourne.

nar look for a good second hand bike ,dunno seen a few on here lately look for upgrades to save you money

PitPro and Motovert are made by mojo motorcycles. DHZ is a seperate company and are in competition with mojo.

I dunno about DMX but I doubt they'd be owned by atomik

Keep an eye out in the "mini classifieds" section. There are some sweet deals that pop up pretty regular if you know what your looking for. There was a nice MSO 140s the other day as an example. Personally I dont have any probs with the DHZ but the classifieds section is just another option for you to look at.

Last edited:
We're actually looking at 3 bikes to purchase and possibly a 4th later on, we'd rather just start new. I suppose we're just looking to find the sweet spot, something that's not overly expensive but won't fall apart either. I actually have an XR 250 but I can't really ride with the others if they have mini bikes haha.

Hey mate , I've got a 2 mates both with the new D-pro 140r's or what ever they call them now. Not the gpx motors but the Zhongshen units for $1200 I think of Dhz.

Anyhow I've been riding them around abit and my first impressions are preety good on those things. One of the zhongshen 140's came absolutley perfectly jetted and built , has not had a single issue and I flogged the shit out of it and it held up well. I blew out the dust seal but just rammed it in with Pvc piping. Anyhow this bike , the motor is extremely crisp. Almost no hesitation when the throttle is reefed open , really nice useable power. The motor is easily one of the best china's i've ridden it feels awsome.

However my mate who also bought the exact same bike on the exact same day recived a bit of a lemon , forks blew out straight away , Motor runs extremely hot and lean. Bolts have fallen out everywhere ( Check them first) and the motor does not pull near as strong as the other.

Also the ergo's on each bike feel shit house , Poor steering but the suspension is alright. But its ass down in the rear. Pegs feel too low. Preety heavy bikes and preety tall compared to my little honda.

Not a bad bike , but the consistancy seems preety poor across the range.

Hey mate , I've got a 2 mates both with the new D-pro 140r's or what ever they call them now. Not the gpx motors but the Zhongshen units for $1200 I think of Dhz.

Anyhow I've been riding them around abit and my first impressions are preety good on those things. One of the zhongshen 140's came absolutley perfectly jetted and built , has not had a single issue and I flogged the shit out of it and it held up well. I blew out the dust seal but just rammed it in with Pvc piping. Anyhow this bike , the motor is extremely crisp. Almost no hesitation when the throttle is reefed open , really nice useable power. The motor is easily one of the best china's i've ridden it feels awsome.

However my mate who also bought the exact same bike on the exact same day recived a bit of a lemon , forks blew out straight away , Motor runs extremely hot and lean. Bolts have fallen out everywhere ( Check them first) and the motor does not pull near as strong as the other.

Also the ergo's on each bike feel shit house , Poor steering but the suspension is alright. But its ass down in the rear. Pegs feel too low. Preety heavy bikes and preety tall compared to my little honda.

Not a bad bike , but the consistancy seems preety poor across the range.

Thanks for you input, it seems Buzzbikes don't even know their DHZ stock, it seems the brochure and the website is different, the website shows of a newer model with a Zongshen engine with different stickers, guy at BB said he gets the the 140cc outlaw with a Lifan engine which has some gay t-rex stickers, if the seller doesn't even know what he gets then what hope do I have?! I might just go for the DMX.

depends on who you speek to at buzz bikes

greggo has only recently started selling the dhz stuff so take it easy

i'd imagine the dhz pro would have a 150 option but there 125 race spec crazy bike thats a pretty tuff 125

dmx is imported by atomik and well the better than pitpro's but there still sh!t

have a look at ciniworx there in pakenham tell ed i sent ya

also mso good bikes good price

it's worth spending the money straight up it save hassels later

it's worth spending the money straight up it save hassels later

+1 , couldnt agree more.

Spend more money now and save up the track.

Pitpro's , dmx's won't last real long. The dhz's are alright but consistancy is an issue , least if you buy a high end china you'll get a piece of mind not some mystery box.

I could be arogant and reccomend a honda crf50 but we all want speed. But it will cost you

- Good
- Cheap
- Fast

You can only pick 2 , The honda is good and cheap but not fast. The dhz is cheap and fast but not good and the atomik is cheap. That is all.

hey guys,
just wondering about the D-PRO 160R model.
It seems to have some good parts on it, like cnc tripple clamps and GPX forks.
i have been offered a price of around 1800 for one. what do use think?
Here is the link
http://www.dhz.com.au/prod8.htmc

like you blokes said before. ergos will need to be looked at.. set of bars etc.
but with a 160 at that price seems very very tempting to me.

I'd give the YX160's a big miss unless the bike you're looking at has the new improved engine with the needle roller bearing RHS crank case , kick start idler gear and new counter shaft ... NO matter WHAT brand bike you're buying ... (unless the seller offers to do all the work for you at their own expense in the event of a failure) ... Buy the 2008 model engine ONLY if you're fully competent at completely disassembling and rebuilding engines ... or the seller agrees in writing to the above ...

As for the latest DHZ's ... yes the welds look a bit rough but they're OK for the price you pay ... That's how chromoly welds look when done by hand with a MIG welder ... Bikes such as Pitsters , the latest model Dirtmax's etc have far better frames ... but the sellers won't sell them separately ... and when they do , they charge ridiculously excessive prices per part (not counting postage to you) so that when added together the bike costs several times the cost of a new bike ... IF they DID sell their bikes in parts then tons more people (who would otherwise give that brand a miss due to the initial big hit purchase price) , would go that route instead of starting off with a cheaper brand frame/bike ... Not only that but there are thousands of people with existing bikes with underpar frames who would buy the newer improved brand name frames to swap their parts onto ...

It's no good of brand name sellers whinging about sellers of cheaper bikes "taking away all their business" when they won't offer ANYTHING but completed bikes for sale ... As far as I'm concerned their methods equate to dumb business practice and they only have themselves to blame for losing sales ...

Just look at Honda or other Jap bike manufacturers ... imagine if they sold their engines and parts separately at fairer prices to the pitbike crowd , they'd have made a killing over the years ... Instead the Chinese have done what THEY are too stupid to do and profited from it ... It's better to make a profit from multiple sales than to be stingey and try to squeeze the max profit out of each and every individual sale ... That's how the Supermarkets and big shopping centres wiped out the corner store and local green grocer ...

one of my mates aorked at a kawasaki shop, and recalls doing an insurance job for someone...

nt sure of the bike, zzr1000? it fell over and the something or other stabbed through the frame...

instead of just swapping the entire bike over...(written off without even having been in an acco!!!!) they supplied a new frame and had to swap all the parts over....(on the manufacterers say so) and then the same thing happened a few weeks later...new age fancy shmancy honeycomb frames:p

i dunno if it has any relevance to this thread though:eek:

if you can get what cactus said, a written signed confirmation from the supplier that the engine IS the new improved model... for legal reaasons, if it ISNT....and that youre covered for any work as a result
otherwise...steer clear of the 160...

and what? they mig weld those dhz frames? wonder if they heat treat them afterwards?

I started with 140 Outlaw- fitted GPX150 and went to the Drags. Bike runs 115ks and is very straight and stable at speed. Check out Mini Chat- Mini Motards- for Pics

Last edited:
Back