anyone into going to the gym regularly? (weights)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat-magz

Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering if anyone goes to the gym regularly, if so i wanna try a different protein powder, ive tried gentix nutrition, but didnt really do much for me, if anyone could suggest a high recovery lean muscle building protein let us know....

cheers

yer man i use go gym til got my own but yer i use masashi (choclate) its heaps good.

Hey mate,

I hit the gym up quite a few times a week for some weights and cardio.

I use Nanotech Vapour as a pre workout drink. That shit get's you pumping!! lol

For my protein I use this 30gram protein 2 - 3 times a day. I just can't think of the name off the top my head. It's a really good one (cost me like $150 a bag).

Just a tip too mate, don't buy anything GNC. Most of there stuff is shit and laced with heaps of other bad things!!

If your into the protein bars....the atkins bars have as much as the Masashi bars and they taste better.... alot of protein bars have alot of surgar and carbs in them, which will hinder your muscle building. Too many of theses bars or drinks will slow your muscle building due to the amount of sugar and carbs in them.
If you want to build lean muscle try and cut the carbs to only your morning breakfast and only eat lean protein and vegetables for the rest of your meals. Also snack on protein and try and eat more than 6 meals a day....so like 3 main meals and 3 snacks and also do not go more than 3 hrs without a protein snack. If you do this with also regular gym work you should build nice muscle def and quicker.

thanks for tips guys, much appreciated, ill have to try musashi any particular type that will offer nice amount of energy boost, recovery and muscle building?? what about body science they any good or jus stick with musashi

cheers guys

not really into the bars, just looken for a shake i can drink regularly that will show results, i tried the genetix shit it did absolutley fuck all no change in energy boost or nothin....

If You want energy and muscle...no amount of protein shake is gonna give you that... what it actually is giving you that boost is the surgar not the protein...you might aswell be eating a chocolate bar if you want that boost when you go to the gym! Try protein such a lean meat on a reg basis, it will give you the energy that you are wanting otherwise you wasting your time and money on alot of rubbish drinks that will just make you fat.

my bros a trainer he uses BSN. NO XPLODE before work outs and BSN choc protein after.

guys check out this list ive done online tell what u think would be the best... cheers

im told, save your money and buy steak:) and mushrooms:) and have a bbq every night. eat proper food, not crap from a bottle.... bottles are for hobos in gutters...

good if you use a cast iron plate that weighs a fair bit and pull it off every night, for the excercise.

coming from a 6 time world champion kickboxer, i shut my mouth and take his advice:) though the hotplate crap is my advice...YouTube - Steve McKinnon Hardcore Muay Thai Kickboxing Knockout mates cousin, and hes....scary to watch when hes training...and crazy on a bike

Last edited:
My mate says Animal Pak is the best (he's like a fricken tank too). But I heard it was banned in australia this week..

im told, save your money and buy steak:) and mushrooms:) and have a bbq every night. eat proper food, not crap from a bottle.... bottles are for hobos in gutters...

mate thats all i did when i was into that(i was 14 and lifting 100kg in 15, 10, 8 reps x3) i never used protine shakes, bars and all that other crap. I used to have 12 weatbixs, 3 sandwhiches, 2packs of chips, 2 bits of fruit for lunch, have a shit load of vegies, potato and steak and the old bit of raw egg

but

i was going to boxing for 2hours a day then riding home and dooing 1 hour of weights:) im getting fat now since i stop training and what not..

mate thats all i did when i was into that(i was 14 and lifting 100kg in 15, 10, 8 reps x3) i never used protine shakes, bars and all that other crap. I used to have 12 weatbixs, 3 sandwhiches, 2packs of chips, 2 bits of fruit for lunch, have a shit load of vegies, potato and steak and the old bit of raw egg

but

i was going to boxing for 2hours a day then riding home and dooing 1 hour of weights:) im getting fat now since i stop training and what not..

so what u guys are sayin is i just eat whole protein foods, without protein shakes etc, and i will build muscle faster?

cheers

i don't know about faster but some off my mates were drinking that shit and it didn't do much for them, that was my personal experience and my dad did the same thing but i say just stick with eating proper food instead of protein shakes/bars but you have to compenstate for how much you work out, just like the TV add you only get out what you put in

I used to do a lot of weight training back when I had a lot of spare time on my hands and I also studied weight training. Protein powder is a great product to use to aid in your recovery after training. If your looking to increase muscle mass then adding Creatine to your program will also help slightly. Obviously a good diet is a must to get the best results but I have never been a big eater and my diet is shit so I relied on supplements a lot more than I should have so basically I know a bit about them.
There are many products out there that do the same thing but I found AST sport science to have some great products and also Max's products are good as long as you can get them for a good price and they have a very wide range of products and proteins.

Great little thread guys.

Here's a heads up....

Fat mags - you haven't clearly stated exactly what your goals are, so I'll be pretty general here. Don't even look at supplements until your training and nutrition is in order. I am a Personal Trainer mate, have been in the industry 12 years, training myself for 15 years. I have had the best results (either building muscle or losing fat) when I get really focussed on eating well and training consistently. You can't beat those two things. Supplements are the icing on the cake when you have the other two down pat.

Having said that, I personally use Next Generation Protein (Whey protein Concentrate). Different to isolate. The concentrate is a slow releasing so it sustains you for longer. The isolate is great for straight after a workout when your body is at it's prime for uptake of nutrients, but not really ideal if you plan to use a protein in between meals for a quick snack or hit of clean calories. The concentrate is more versatile.

For recovery, also look at Glutamine, and as Ithump suggests creatine is good (assuming you want extra strength and bulk). If trying to tone up or to look more lean tho, give creatine a miss.

Dude, I am assuming you are shooting to gain muscle (as most of us blokes do!!). I have provided a link to a website that I have buit from scratch. Goes straight to a page on tips for building muscle. There is also HEAPS of other info on there. If I assumed wrong and you aren't trying to gain muscle, there's also heaps of info on how to shread fat. There's a lot to learn hehe

How to Build Muscle Mass

Hope that helps. I could literally write a book, but I guess thats why I have built this website!

I tested various supplements over a 4 year period and found hydrolised whey isolate to be the best hands down ... AST's VP-2 was good but too expensive for what you got ... Top Nutrition's Performance Whey was the best for the $$$$ ... It gave the best strength , recovery and gains and was easily affordable ...

http://www.cityhealth.com.au/onlineshop/shopexd.asp?id=8546&bc=no

The best creatine supplement was MRM's Creactiv ...

Mrm Creactiv Information And Product Listing

Damned , I just discovered it's been discontinued !!!!!!! That was the ONLY stuff that you could REALLY notice working ... AST's formula was ok but nowhere near as good ...

MRM Creactiv - Size Matters | Australian bodybuilding, health, nutrition and fitness forum

That's a good website Cutters ... all the info is spot on ... Especially the part where you tell people to work their legs ... Leg work stimulates the most hormone production ... and it greatly boosts your upper body results ...

Latest posts

Back