Atomic Motox70

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grm

Reaction score
New to this site and im sure lots of people out there can help me live my old dreams of bike riding through my 10year old son.
Just got him a new Atomic Motox70 (green) and am going to put it together this weekend.
Any Advice on pre preps would be great, ie whats the best oil etc.
I use to own bikes but it's been a while and im a pretty average on the tools, so if you can dumb things down it will help me heaps......thanks for your time

welcome to miniriders champ well it should come in a box obviously lol and probs bolted to a frame so the back wheel will be off and and handle bars and the rear suspension
its upto you where you start but just make sure you use the correct size tools for the job
and it doesn't hurt you use abit of loctite just run over the hole bike and put Loctite pretty much on every bolt on the frame never hurts
once you have the bike set up you can adjust the handle bars to the right angle for your son
id drain the oil out you never know what is in there besides its good to get all the crap from the factory out
then fill it up with any 4 stroke oil like 10w50 and just dip your air filter in a bucket of oil or just wipe some on there and just use some chain grease or you can get it in a spray
once you've started the bike just let it run for like 10mins and your best of riding it first and just go easy I wouldn't really give it hell remember its new and you have to run it in just ride it like that for like a full tank or so and then drop the oil and your good to go
hope this helped mate :D

Not much really just dont trust the Asians that put the rest of the bike together..
Just use motul 15w-50 and you should be right... to get the kid really comfortable on the bike later on i would go a dnm rear shock and a gpx forks atleast..

for learning the stock setup is perfect
the battery probably wont last long so you learn to pretty much turf it once it dies and kick start..
you need to do the valve clearances every now and again (when the bike is way to easy to kick) or when its rattly as hell.. your kid should have fun on this bike, i started with the same one but sexy orange

Thanks everyone, every bit of advice is much appreciated. Looking forward to teaching him the joy of bikes

Thanks for your advice, um how do you do a valve clearance, is that something i can research and do myself. I first started on a BSA Bantam that my dad bought in a box of pieces and we/Him rebuilt, i want to learn and teach my son some good basic bike skills that i have forgotten.

watch this video, it explains it.
it's pretty easy, with the clearances, go for .003mm on the inlet and .004mm on the exhaust

[video=youtube;QJciyJRJh8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJciyJRJh8Q[/video]

Thanks for your reply, to my surprise the bike came almost assembled, brake pads on, rear wheel on and pads in, the only thing is the front wheel and handle bars. oh and that battery, 12v 1amp charge.....where do i find something that will charge that?????

hahaha thanks i have a long way to go, but will enjoy the challenge and be back for some good advice....love this site already

you can buy a charger off ebay for motorcycle battery for about $6,
or from your local motorbike shop, they start at about $20
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-Lead...H_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20dc739b48&_uhb=1

the battery that they supplied should be charged already ?
use a multimeter across the terminals, you should get reading of 12.6 v for a fully charged battery

if your battery is down on charge, you should only charge it for about 4 hours max, or it can cook them if left overnight etc.

another slightly more expensive charger is a trickle charger, they can be left on for a month or more, when you aren't riding it etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back