Atomik 125 wont start!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah definately fuel,
if it starts with aerostart etc, then it's not electrical.

did you check the float level ?

yeh checked float, was all good there. i just dont get it, before it was running perfectly, but now, just doesnt wanna start! hopefully the new kick starter gets here soon, that might help a bit!

ok, so i got my kickstart today, wacked it on and still could not get this thing started!! definately getting fuel, u ca here it when your kicking it over and pulling the throttle. has spark....Got no idea wat to do, as i hav cleaned the carb out meticulously......

yeh, i made sure it was all clean for the earth, its silver where it touches. just so wierd.....

ok,
give this a try.
remove the air filter,
place the palm of your hand over the intake side of the carby to basically seal it, now kick it over.
it should draw some fuel up into the carby and intake.
take your hand away, slip filter back on, now try kicking it over with no throttle.

alright, so i did what u suggested craig. it worked :D. it started, but is running SUPER rich. now i read somewhere that turning the mixture screw 2 turns out should make it startable, so i did that, it ran a bit cleaner, still with a little bog down low. so unscrew mixture a little more?

k so adjusted the air mixture screw, nows runs ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!!! it revs alot quicker, due to the lead and cdi, cant wait to ride this thing!! revs clean throught the whole rev range, there is a tiny bit of hesistation when blipping the throttle, but thats hardly noticable! thankyou for all your help guys! i apreciate it :)

all good Blender!!

by blocking off the airfilter side of the carby and kicking it over,
it puts a lot of vacuum through the ports in the carb, and can unblock things that cant be seen.

but, if it starts running rough,
the dirt or whatever that was causing the problem/blockage, may have made it's way into your jets etc.
so if it happens, it should be a simple jet clean out next time.

to set the mixture,
start the bike and let it idle, turn the idle speed screw in, until it is idling at about 1800 rpm.
then adjust the mixture screw in or out, 1/4 turn at a time (let it settle, and run for about 5 seconds before you adjust it again)
adjust it till you get the smoothest/fastest revs.

then you can adjust it turning the screw 1/8 turn at a time, till it is sweet.
now drop the idle speed back down to a normal rpm.

it still may need a little tweaking, but you wont know till you take it for a ride.

yeh, it seems to be running great, the old man advised i lean it off slightly, het rid of that hesitation when blippin the throttle, but im going to get my bearing tomorrow and ride it and see how i go! it does rev alot quicker though, its quite noticable, cant wait to ride it!!

the slight hesitation will probably be the Pilot Jet, like i mentioned earlier in the thread.
i'll get that other one organised for you, and post it to you in the next day or so.

really? that would be great craig, your a top bloke! i will try my best to tune itout, and will let you know :)

Latest posts

Back