atomik 125cc OWNERS OPINION

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me personally i'd go for a second hand xr250 or similar. Buying one of the bikes listed is like buying a chinese pitbike 10 years ago, pitbikes have gotten to be of a decent quality because they have literally sold millions of them and the design and quality has evolved to the level it is now and they are now a reliable option(depending on which one you buy) but the fullsize chinga bikes havent sold much at all and are still very similar to what was available 10 years ago. For the same money you could get a secondhand honda that i guarantee will have more power than those POS bikes and will be going in 12 months time, can get parts anywhere and always will be able to and will probably get your money back when you sell it. My fullsize bush ride is a 92 dt200r that i have owned for over 10 years, think i paid 1500 for it and apart from a piston and rings(bore and hone too), probably less than a dozen plugs, oil(2stroke and gearbox), fuel and the odd rear tyre here and there have never had to spend anything else on it and i know if i go out on the shed right now and get it to tdc it'll start first kick with year old fuel in it and i will get atleast 1200 for it if i had to sell it tomorrow. I know a new bike is appealing because you think its all new and you wont have to fix anything but trust me one ride and you'll be wrenching on that thing, actually you'll probably want to work on it before you ride it, ditch the chain, plug, airfilter, the maple syrup oil, fork oil,etc and replace them for proper bike parts. Sorry man, just had this conversation with a mate last weekend, lined him up with an mates dads old xr200 for 500 bucks instead, picked it up this arvo and he's wrapt with it

me personally i'd go for a second hand xr250 or similar. Buying one of the bikes listed is like buying a chinese pitbike 10 years ago, pitbikes have gotten to be of a decent quality because they have literally sold millions of them and the design and quality has evolved to the level it is now and they are now a reliable option(depending on which one you buy) but the fullsize chinga bikes havent sold much at all and are still very similar to what was available 10 years ago. For the same money you could get a secondhand honda that i guarantee will have more power than those POS bikes and will be going in 12 months time, can get parts anywhere and always will be able to and will probably get your money back when you sell it. My fullsize bush ride is a 92 dt200r that i have owned for over 10 years, think i paid 1500 for it and apart from a piston and rings(bore and hone too), probably less than a dozen plugs, oil(2stroke and gearbox), fuel and the odd rear tyre here and there have never had to spend anything else on it and i know if i go out on the shed right now and get it to tdc it'll start first kick with year old fuel in it and i will get atleast 1200 for it if i had to sell it tomorrow. I know a new bike is appealing because you think its all new and you wont have to fix anything but trust me one ride and you'll be wrenching on that thing, actually you'll probably want to work on it before you ride it, ditch the chain, plug, airfilter, the maple syrup oil, fork oil,etc and replace them for proper bike parts. Sorry man, just had this conversation with a mate last weekend, lined him up with an mates dads old xr200 for 500 bucks instead, picked it up this arvo and he's wrapt with it

i see what your saying, but i hav done some research on them and they dsont sound to bad, and sure there new, and i'll be tinckering with it probs most days after riding, but i dont mind. as long as its never anything where i'll need to say, get a new engine i will be happy to fix...(and pay). i dont ride my bikes hard, and i know when somethings wrong and i know how to take care of my bikes. and by the way, my atomik starts first time every time aswell.

Latest posts

Back