atomik 125cc OWNERS OPINION

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
hey guys i have an atomik 125cc moto x thumpstar. i got it from ebay for about 500 bucks. im not going to say its the best bike i hav ever had but i will say its the best money wise. its the cheapest bike i've ever seen and it goes surprisingly well. alot of things have gone wrong with it but ium not going to get into that right now. if you guys needany help fixing you 125's please rteply and i guarantee i will be able to help you.

Last edited:
I had the 70 version of this bike, rode the hell outa the thing every weekend and weeknights if i could.. all she needed was a valve adjustment every now and again
i know the 125's go for quite a long time also just valve adjustments are all thats really required... when the engine gets a bottom end problem though its probably better to just get a gpx 125 rather then even spend over 100 on the engine at one time

I had the 70 version of this bike, rode the hell outa the thing every weekend and weeknights if i could.. all she needed was a valve adjustment every now and again
i know the 125's go for quite a long time also just valve adjustments are all thats really required... when the engine gets a bottom end problem though its probably better to just get a gpx 125 rather then even spend over 100 on the engine at one time
yea i have left my engine alone, only changing the oil air cleaner and plug. but just about everything else has been modified/ changed since i forst got it.

the atomik moto-x must be one of australias best sellers

yea i'd say so. there not to bad for the money and i love mine all you have to do is keep it maintained and theres no reason it shouldnt last as long as you want it.

here are a few of them that sold lately,
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...5&rt=nc&_pppn=r1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo&_udhi=500

this is one of the only shots i have of my first Atomik, paid $150 for it used, i replaced the plastics, plug, filter, front tube,
then cleaned it up and sold it for $450 a couple of years later.

wow man nice bike im planing on doing what you've done but for 300. it wouldnt be worth much than that now. i recently replaced the forks on mine with a set that i got online for 50 new dont ask wat they are as im not sure, but when i put them on, DAMN it made a difference to the ride. and by the way where did you get those plastics from? amd did you have to make any mods to make em fit?

yea i have left my engine alone, only changing the oil air cleaner and plug. but just about everything else has been modified/ changed since i forst got it.

when doing filters you may want to add valve adjustments to that service and maybe after a while clean the oil strainer (behind rh case)

when doing filters you may want to add valve adjustments to that service and maybe after a while clean the oil strainer (behind rh case)

thanks for the advice how often should i make valve adjustments and clean the oil strainer?

plastics are just ebay $25 inc delivery specials, CRF50 style, they just screw/bolt on as per the originals.
and a mate gave me a couple of Honda stickers to put on it, lol

there is a link at the bottom of this post to my new/used Atomik Fuse thread too,

plastics are just ebay $25 inc delivery specials, CRF50 style, they just screw/bolt on as per the originals.
and a mate gave me a couple of Honda stickers to put on it, lol

there is a link at the bottom of this post to my new/used Atomik Fuse thread too,

wow nice job on it. doesnt look like there was a ton pf work involved. im looking at a new exhaust and cdi and was wondering what you would suggest?

man im just lookin at what you've done with that fibreglass and WOW your damn good. im only 15 and i do alot of the mods to my bike myself but nothing to that degree! the biggest/hardest thing i've done was make a set of shims to go up 1mm on my back wheel to fit a set of bearings.....damn sheet metal to hell lol

thanks for the advice how often should i make valve adjustments and clean the oil strainer?

valve adjustments on these bikes last a while.. is hard to say i do mine every oil change but my bike is treated like a god (and i run a agressive cam) so i would say as often as every 20 - 30 hours the oil strainer can be ignored for a long time it all depends if there is alot of crap in it then it can cause low/no oil pressure and ruin the engine so i guess i would check it every 100 or 150 hours its not really an hourly thing i guess

thanks guys i apreciate it. im wondering what i should do to really give my bike some more go. so what cdi, exhaust, suspension and valve clearances do you think i should run? i only ride dirt and i go some pretty wild places so i need something that can stand up to high revs and water, etc. a new bike is not an option atm so im hoping to get something more out of this atomik.

Adjust your tappets to .003" intake and .005" exhaust
and thats straight from tboltusa (trusted shop)

a race cdi like this one http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/alloy-high-rev-performance-cdi-box/ENP-26
a NGK Spark Plug C7HSA http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/ngk-spark-plug-c7hsa/ENP-01
you may want to get rimlocks for your rims... i know your not running high power but if you do happen to forget to check your tyre pressure and go for a spin they stop the valve getting ripped out
at best get gpx race forks (400) too much... just stick with the stock ones..
the rear go for a dnm nice and adjustable one (i quite liked the 800lbs one)

the bike should be allright at high rpm.. but probably not at valve bounce all day because its likley to get hot and seize (also depends on your jetting) the water should be alright, just watch your air filter does not go under
what carb are you running right now?

for the 125's (the lifan 125's) its a little bit of a waste trying to get it to high performance be cause its a smalblock to get more performance it would be better to go to a gpx 125 motor (race engine) or get a second hand zongshen 155 or yx

Last edited:

a race cdi like this one http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/alloy-high-rev-performance-cdi-box/ENP-26
you may want to get rimlocks for your rims... i know your not running high power but if you do happen to forget to check your tyre pressure and go for a spin they stop the valve getting ripped out

the bike should be allright at high rpm.. but probably not at valve bounce all day because its likley to get hot and seize (also depends on your jetting) the water should be alright, just watch your air filter does not go under

for the 125's (the lifan 125's) its a little bit of a waste trying to get it to high performance be cause its a smalblock to get more performance it would be better to go to a gpx 125 motor (race engine) or get a second hand zongshen 155 or yx

hey man thanks for the info. the cdi that you mentioned, does it only increase the rev range? (sorry this may be a silly question but hey im still learning). i have rimlocks on my rims (igot them off a cheap bike i got for 30 off an idiot at school and i also ripped the forks out and i've got em on my bike now) and a gpx 125 motor sounds like a good option, but i hav a limited budget, but is 125 my limit? are there any other bigger sizs i could fit? and my carb is a mikuni 'racing carb' at 25mm and my rear shock is quite adjustable. and my spark plug is a ngk, but it probably needs replacing by now.

hey man thanks for the info. the cdi that you mentioned, does it only increase the rev range? (sorry this may be a silly question but hey im still learning). i have rimlocks on my rims (igot them off a cheap bike i got for 30 off an idiot at school and i also ripped the forks out and i've got em on my bike now) and a gpx 125 motor sounds like a good option, but i hav a limited budget, but is 125 my limit? are there any other bigger sizs i could fit? and my carb is a mikuni 'racing carb' at 25mm and my rear shock is quite adjustable. and my spark plug is a ngk, but it probably needs replacing by now.

Latest posts

Back