atomik 125cc OWNERS OPINION

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wd-40 or inox would be good just spray a good amount on it then leave it for like 10mins. If you can get a socket on to it that would be good but I doubt it so try a good 8mm spanner. It will most likely be just some surface rust so the inox or whatever you use will loosen and lubricate it. If it does end up snapping which I doubt it you wi always be able to drill out the bolt, retap it then screw in a new bolt. But that is worst case scenario.
Hope this helps.
Zach

Wd-40 or inox would be good just spray a good amount on it then leave it for like 10mins. If you can get a socket on to it that would be good but I doubt it so try a good 8mm spanner. It will most likely be just some surface rust so the inox or whatever you use will loosen and lubricate it. If it does end up snapping which I doubt it you wi always be able to drill out the bolt, retap it then screw in a new bolt. But that is worst case scenario.
Hope this helps.
Zach

thanks for the answer man. the rust on the nuts is MUCH worse than surface rust. i will spray it with inox every day, and try 2 get em loose but i dont think it will work. if so i think i'll have to heat it up with a gas burner.....ehhh. but i think i might leave it. does anybodey know any cheap/ good (prefferably a well reputed brand) 250cc bike??? thanks jack

Mate I think you should just save up a bit more. Like I found a used 2007 ktm 250 sx-f for 1700. Unfortunately I didn't have the money. So just save up a bit more and look around for a bargain.
As for the bolts us a good spanner or shifter that isn't going to round the nuts.

Mate I think you should just save up a bit more. Like I found a used 2007 ktm 250 sx-f for 1700. Unfortunately I didn't have the money. So just save up a bit more and look around for a bargain.
As for the bolts us a good spanner or shifter that isn't going to round the nuts.

you will find alot of these "bargains" are well past service limits and someone does not want to spend another grand or two to get the heads machined with a new bore etc etc

i had a spare spanner (from a bad set) i chucked it on the bench grinder for 1 min and got her down to a size that fits between almost anything on the head (i know it wont last long but it sure is nice)

Yea thats another problem but if they have all or some of the recent receipts from getting services done. You will have a better chance of nothing going wrong for awhile.
As for the spanners i was saying dont use like those ones from the 2 dollar shop thats all.

Yea thats another problem but if they have all or some of the recent receipts from getting services done. You will have a better chance of nothing going wrong for awhile.
As for the spanners i was saying dont use like those ones from the 2 dollar shop thats all.

all my tools are kinchore/sidchrome and i take care of them.

i dislike all 12 pointed tools especially on these lil Chinese bolts you will under stand in about 3-10 services why.. or maybe even one

6 point sockets are better to use as it is harder for them to slip and round bolts off,
16point.jpg

hey guys i had a boo boo on my bike lol. the front sprocket holder oner thingo was stripped clean, leaving my sprocket 2 come off. then my swingarm bearing collapsed, making the back of my bike swing around like a b**** im getting arm bearings and a new sprocket holder thingo tomorrow, but i have decided this bike has been 2 problematic, and it is quite old now. im looking around 4 a 250, preferable 1 with 21 and 18 inch wheels. the full size sdb enduro water cooled bike that i showed doesnt sound bad so im savin my pennies i guess. i'll clean my atomik up and put here on the side off the road 4 300.

and watercooled would be cool i guess :) but i would nto trust there hoses and from what i hear the radiators bend like tin cans

personally mate, i would stick to some one a little more trusted like lets say atomik and i would bid on a bike new or pick up a 2nd hand one for around 800
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-ATOM...es&hash=item51abf10e72&_uhb=1#ht_10940wt_1026

i hav looked at that bike and all seems good, but it has no liquid cooling and with a 250 it really can make it go much harder without putting as much strain on the engine. the sdb 250 has the same engine and gbox and its liquid cooled. its more costly but i think its worth it. if there are any atomik 250's that hav water cooling i would definately look into it and probs get one because my experience with atomik hasnt been bad.

i hav looked at that bike and all seems good, but it has no liquid cooling and with a 250 it really can make it go much harder without putting as much strain on the engine. the sdb 250 has the same engine and gbox and its liquid cooled. its more costly but i think its worth it. if there are any atomik 250's that hav water cooling i would definately look into it and probs get one because my experience with atomik hasnt been bad.
i dunno, liquid means more complexity..
and if you want to work the head for more power that means you have to worry about breaking into a water port..
im pretty sure the 250's run the same intake valve size that i run right now so i think there will be room in the head for inprovement also

and watercooled would be cool i guess :) but i would nto trust there hoses and from what i hear the radiators bend like tin cans

yea i have heard the same. im pretty handy with my hands so i suppose i could find a way 2 brace the radiators 2 the framed with 5 by 25mm steel, theres a bunch of it in my metalwork class. as 4 the hoses i can always buy some decent quality ones (if the ones on this bike arnt crap). im still looking around at this point, so maybe somethin else will come up. if so i'll shaow u guys and see wat u think.
Cheers jack

thanks man. i read thru them all and it doesnt sound like such a bad bike. just the usual-oil and just common sense and general maintanence. would u suggest this for me?

Latest posts

Back