Atomik 140cc Nitrous

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heathmynhart

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just looking for some confirmation. I've got a new Atomik 140cc Nitrous on the way and I've read a lot of posts about what to do. Can you confirm if what I am going to do is correct?

1. Immediately change oil to a mineral 10/40 or 15/50 for the first two oil changes, then change to a semi synthetic after that. Change oil every 5 hours or so.
2. Upgrade air filter to a unifilter.
3. Tighten all bolts with loctite.
4. Grease bolts that require it.
5. Is it a must to check the clearances before running in?
6. Run in by running up through the gears without over revving, and let the gears slow the bike down.

7. Also what is the best fuel to use? I know someone that has just got the 125cc moto x and they have been using 98 premium unleaded and it backfires through the air filter. Is this because the octane level is too high? would a 95 or 92 unleaded be better suited for the 125 moto x or 140 nitrous??

8. Anything else that is recommended would help out lots.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

It also says the bike comes with a genuine NGK spark plug, now im guessing that is just Bull**** and I will need to get an actual "genuine" NGK plug?

yea, deffinately change the plugs. Mine were some cheap sheet, and the gap on one was nearyl non existent (set the gap on your new one as well) As for petrol only run the 98 in mine, but each to their own. As for tightening bolts, make sure you do all the engine bolts as well, and don't forget to oil your air filter. Other than that you should be sweet ;) Enjoy the new toy.

Thanks for that, will go for the 98 octane. How do you set the gap of a spark plug?

you need a set of feeler guages as below;

Feeler-Gauge.jpg

pick em up from most auto places for around $10.00. Can't remeber the exact gap myself, but i'm sure one of the other guys here sould be able to inform you.

Haha, Yeah I know what you mean. Anything else you would suggest doing?

Or if anyone else has any suggestions?

Bleed the brakes completely of the chinese water and replace with Dot 3 or 4 brake fluid, won't take long for the stock brakes to lose most functionality....

Ive got the 160cc and trust me the molkt carb is good for maybe two or three rides then its **** it will rev hunt and carry on i just put on a new oko 26 from dhz and it is a hell of alot better, and spend some cash on a better chain mine stretched like crazy upgrade it before it breaks.

Yeah I will look in to an oko. Will an oko 26 fit the 140cc atomik nitrous?

Cheers

yep, just make sure you have the right jets, and being a smaller engine you may have to lean the carby (by moving the needle) a little bit

Latest posts

Back