ATOMIK 160cc BIGFOOT

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmicY2K

Reaction score
Well here it is at last as promised:

I bought my Atomik 160cc Bigfoot of Ebay for a bit above $700. I chose the Bigfoot over the smaller wheeled bikes because I was after a bit more ride height and stability. I know many out there are anti-bigfoot config. So once the bike arrived I undertook the mandatory locktite of all bits and complete fluid change, this is a must. Next thing to do is toss the chain and get a real one, either RK or DID. Great insurance for less than $40, nothing worse than a chain going through your crankcase or foot.

So after the pre-ride jobs it was off to a local track to run it in. My brother-in-law and and his mate were over with there 450s. The Bigfoot was surprising quick even when running in, short changing gears so it didn't rev too much. Kicking it over is a bit of a trick, be careful of that compression kick back, resist opening the throttle too much or the bottom of your foot will know all about it. By the end os the session I was running it at about three quarters and that was enough to keep up with the bigger bikes. I am 5'8" and about 85kg which made the Bigfoot easy to throw around. The front wheel came up on demand, brakes were good, bike felt solid and the ride position was ok. My brother-in-law took it for a hoon. He is about my size and we both agreed that is was more comfortable in terms of ride of ride height than the WR450. Look I am not saying that this bike is better than a WR but for the shorter people of the world having all that travel means our toes hardly touch the ground. It appears Yamaha may have addressed that in the last couple of years.

Anyhow it is not all peaches and cream. If you plan to do any serious riding or jumps then the stock suspension will not do unless you are sub 50kg. I spent $650 and upgraded the front and rear suspension with aftermarket DNM set. Not too hard to fit, just make sure you do the oil change on the forks.

Also the CDI packed up in my second session, that was a pain but easily fixed for $6 for a basic one off ebay or $20 for something a bit better. Oh yeah expect to tubes to pack up.

I have just finished my track which has a series of tabletops, jumps, berms and whoops and this bike does all that great. For the little money the bike and the extras bits cost I think the bike is great value. For those of you out there who are just getting into bikes or just want a bike for a bit of fun then this is worth a look, after all even riding one of these chinese clunkers wishing you could ride like Ricky Carmicheal has got to be better than sitting on a X-box thinking you are Ricky Carmicheal. :p

I have a Bigfoot that I'm modding slowly, got to say I'm very happy with it.

Should chuck up a couple pics of your machine, would finish it off quite nicely.
What exact suspension did you put on it?

I just ordered my bigfoot 160 this will be my first pit bike, did u change the forks or just ajust the stockers?? and im busy building my fmx ramp ill post sme pics when its done :) thanks

Pit drugz i dont think that the stock forks are really that adjustable, you would be better off dumping the oil out of them and put in some quality oil as they come with probably cooking oil in them...I have heard of a few people getting a DNM upgrade kit from ebay comes with DNM M-200 forks and DNM rear shock both front and back are fully adjustable and would make such a big difference to the handling of the bike.

Change the front and rear suspension. Up front a set of DNM M-200 with 735mm travel and on the rear a the DNM HRC shock with 310mm travel. Replace the front fork oil with 175ml of castrol 10 grade if you are about my weight. I got the set with triple clamps for $650 delivered direct from China.

Hey it is great to hear there are a few other bigfooters around. Mine is black with the monster racing kit, looks sweet

hey cosmik how have you found the M-200's with 10w at 175ml??
The RevMX's run the same fork, i've set mine with 5w at 225ml...
Do you still find them to be a little on the stiff side with the 10w???

I have found them okay, there still is about 50mm travel spare but I haven't got any huge air yet. I went with the 175ml because that is what came out of them from the factory.

hmm sounds like quality control at DNM is awesome... mine came with 225 in the right leg, 200ml in the left leg...

Yeah its going good, replacing bits and pieces getting new exhaust and carby from my girlfriend on me birthday, might get the parents to get me some new forks also.

Pulled front brake on, and lever snapped in half so replaced that.

Changed plastics and got rid of stickers.

New handel bars.

TB CDI.

Short on funds atm but eventually wont be much of an atomik anymore.

For my first motor bike and for only $760 you cant complain.

Yeah I think I will change my stock muffler for an oval one it rubs on the rear wheel when the rear end is fully loaded

Latest posts

Back