Avenger 15Occ 16Hp RACE Engine complete!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Further it should be known that "YX" is now "DIRTMAX" and that any other branding of these engines are just that, including the famous "GPX"

Why does this:

Urban X Motos ...............Quad Bikes, Dirt Bikes & Mountain Bikes - 150cc 16HP Engine

have a GPX logo on it?

The Dirt Max advertised here (which is the same motor sold by the same people):

DIRTMAX AVENGER 150CC 16HP ENGINE PITBIKE - eBay Other Makes, Bikes, Motorcycle Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-Feb-08 20:59:32 AEDST)

Notice that the photos are exactly the same besides the big "DIRTMAX" Photoshopped over the GPX logo. It is obvious by the way the wires are sitting on the right it is exactly the same picture but it is doctored, badly I might add.

The ranting with no proof is making me regret my purchase before it even gets here. I will see by next weekend how fast it is. But I won't be getting it dynoed, as if I could be bothered. I just want it to go faster than the 125 that is in the bike now (actually the 125 has 3rd gear issues, so even if that is sorted it will be good).

I now have premature buyers remorse :p

I just want it to go faster than the 125 that is in the bike now (actually the 125 has 3rd gear issues, so even if that is sorted it will be good).
:p

Don´t worry ...the engine is the way to go !!...loooots of options to make it a real monster:D

Yes they do have potential ...... as long as they can sort out the crank problems that people are encountering in the US .....

Apparently there's a new Lifan 150 out now ....

BigpicofLifan150.jpg

MONKEY -DAX-PITBIKE THE VERY LATEST 150CC ENGINE on eBay, also, Other Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 12-Feb-08 20:14:57 GMT)

Ha Ha ...... the mountain gets around .......

150 lifan - Pit Bike Club

The Lifan 150cc Engine Has Arrived - Pit Bike Club

THE LIFAN 150CC ENGINE HAS ARRIVED thread 2 - Pit Bike Club

Last edited:
^^^^

wil be interesting when we can have them here in aus any shops selling them yet???

i cant find any on aus ebay???

nah
id have to order it
may get some soon if people are interested...

I have realised there was one thing I didn't think of when ordering this engine. I sometimes ride at night. Anyone know of a solution? Maybe a stator I can buy and swap out when needed (I don't ride at night much - about 3 times a year or so, but want the option to do it if possible).

Or maybe some other lighting solution, even if I chew through batteries etc.

Elstars have this:

Hella Night Laser Lamp : hl-960

But I'm not convinced that a couple of these would be bright enough. The lights I have on it are not as bright as real ATV lights (Just a couple of driving lights I screwed on there) But they do the job on the tight tracks we ride on.

Once Again I Say He Is Full Of Shit , If U Look At The Turque Numbers It Says 22 Foot Punds Which Is Bullshit Thats Like A Well Setup 250f Motor. These Littles Pitbikes Pull Around 8-12 Foot Pounds , I Say This Guy Just Got A Dyno Sheet From Sum Other Bike And Put His Name To It . It Just Proves What A Shonk This Dirt Max Guy Is And The Lies He Is Willing To Tell To Sell A Bike Look At The Rpm Numbers Shonk Shonk Shonk

Once Again I Say He Is Full Of Shit , If U Look At The Turque Numbers It Says 22 Foot Punds Which Is Bullshit Thats Like A Well Setup 250f Motor. These Littles Pitbikes Pull Around 8-12 Foot Pounds , I Say This Guy Just Got A Dyno Sheet From Sum Other Bike And Put His Name To It . It Just Proves What A Shonk This Dirt Max Guy Is And The Lies He Is Willing To Tell To Sell A Bike Look At The Rpm Numbers Shonk Shonk Shonk

I never read so much bullshit in one post, dude does the sheet look like its been tampered with? What the F@#?:mad:
Unbelivable! :eek:

Hey you can allways call the dyno test place yourself, its "MAX POWER", google it, you know how do that do that right? or are you just going to keep shooting your mouth off.:confused:

:rolleyes:
As promised guys, the sheet is located at the following link:
Urban X Motos ...............Quad Bikes, Dirt Bikes & Mountain Bikes - Dirtmax 150 Dyno sheet

As Stated the Air / Fuel is way off and thats why it only reached 14.49 at the back wheel. Stay tuned for the next results as soon as we achive the correct jetting.

first off...the Air/fuel chart looks ok for me...second how does the engine does torque only between 3000 to 6000 rpms???...and third the peak power is at 5000 rpms ???

Whether the whole setup was wrong or you have to split all your results in half...which would make out of your 14.5 .....???:p

If you post charts , see that you get it right, Pal!!;)

How much do people charge for a quick and dirty dyno test?

I sent Max Power an Email. The dyno sheet certainly looks like the ones on the Max Power website (look further down, the first few have a different heading font):

MaxPower Performance Cycles: DYNO GRAPHS

I don't really care either way, I'm not that into it. My brief research browsing motorbike forums is in stark contrast to the usual tech forums I visit. People on the motorbike forums seem to think shouting out BS is enough of an argument. Us nerds like yo say that is BS and here is indisputable proof. :p. That said I don't have the knowledge to just know it is BS I suppose.

Last edited:
I received a response from Steve at Maxpower, here it is:

Hello Sean,

Yes we did the dyno, The dyno shows it only put out 14.49HP but that is because it was running rich, as the dyno shows.
Once we get the New jet It would put out 16HP Easy.

Cheers Mate

Steve Schweigler

Sounds legit to me.

hahaha you know so little about these engines or dynoing that you can't see whats wrong with your little piece of maxpower paper.

maxpower is a timely name for these guys....

hey mack good to see someone in the no , noes this guys is full of shit, or like u say when seting up the dyno they havnt put the right settings in. thats why the torque and rpm is way out , i have years of experience with a dyno jet 250i, by the way mack im the fella u spoke to about a clutch for ur build when i was on my way to melboure

I now find myself hoping that this engine isn't too powerful. I bought an absolute bargain today. A 2006 Yamaha Banshee that is practically new for $4500. That means the FYM typhoon ATV this engine is going in will be ridden by my son, so I would rather it be slower.

I gotta say though for an inexperienced rider like me the Banshee is pretty scary.

hey mack good to see someone in the no , noes this guys is full of shit, or like u say when seting up the dyno they havnt put the right settings in. thats why the torque and rpm is way out , i have years of experience with a dyno jet 250i, by the way mack im the fella u spoke to about a clutch for ur build when i was on my way to melboure
yeah thats some baaad advertising for both dyno co. and seller....I was waiting to see how long it would take for him to ask someone and find out what the problem with the dyno results was...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back